Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Bleach killed my curls! Help!

I naturally have very dark brown hair and before ever dying it I had gorgeous 3B curls, they were like perfect perky ringlets. Then I got stupid and bleached the hell out of my hair, now I've dyed it back to my natural colour. Where my roots are and where the bleach never touched I am slowly regaining my natural curl pattern (kinda but it's going slow) but then at my ends the texture is totally whack! It's all frizzy and wavey and horrible! So, if anyone can give some advice on how to speed up the process of regaining my natural curls that would be GREAT! Thanks!

RE: Bleach killed my curls! Help!

When you bleach, your hair loses protein. Try Briogeo don’t despair, repair mask. It’s a deep conditioner but also has protein in it. Alternating between that and a deep conditioner without it should help. I would also say do a hot oil treatment before showers and look into olaplex. Thats what brought me back after bleaching

RE: Bleach killed my curls! Help!

Although chemical and heat are irreversible try some of these and I’m sure you’ll be just fine ! Patience girl. -Try natural products instead of chemical filled products if you haven’t already started. I use some Deva curl products. -Condition every week and do protein treatments to nourish and repair. This Speeds the process to getting your curls back -massage your scalp with oils (coconut, avocado, olive etc) This also seals your hair shaft, retaining moisture. -trim your hair every few weeks to avoid breakage, this also promotes hair growth -sleep with a satin/silk pillow case to avoid frizz and damage to your curls (I love bonnets) Tip- do protective styles because it gives the illusion of curls! That’s what I did when I first started recovering from heat damage. I’m about to make a yr that I’m “transitioning” no heat or chemicals in my hair. Hope these few tips helped. Let me know if you have questions.
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing