Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

B’Leave In girls

I’m on a desperate search for a combination of products that brings back my curls to life after years of straightening and bleaching. I have very fine, dry hair with 3A curls but lately my curls are closer to 2B/2C. I bought the DevaCurl B’Leave In today and I’m wondering how other people use it. Especially anyone with dry hair.

RE: B’Leave In girls

I like to mix B Leave In and Curls in a Bottle by Curl Junkie with water in my hands and apply it to soaking wet hair. And by soaking wet I mean dripping wet. I use a kind of modified praying hands and then scrunch the water out. I have low porosity hair so I find applying my products to super wet hair helps keep moisture in.

Re: B’Leave In girls

Hi @LaBellezza - I've found B'Leave-in to work better at defining waves than bringing back curls..at least for me. My hair was super curly and now I just have waves. On good days I can get some 3A ringlets. Anyway, the DEVACURL - SUPERCREAM® Coconut Curl Styler tends to give me more curl action while the B'Leave-in helps promote the waves to go from root to tip. I wash and condition my hair and will apply one of those two to wet hair. My stylist recommended using both but I find it too heavy for my hair. Then I'll use a wet brush to detangle and then apply a few pumps of the product in my hair. For areas that aren't curling nicely, I will use the brush to create a curl around my finger. I used to be a wide tooth comb only girl but twisting the wet brush has helped start creating curls.

On "refresh" days I wet my hair or swing it through the shower to at least make it moist and apply the B'Leave-in and scrunch to create waves/curls.

Hope this helps! But as you know, all hair is different. I would classify my hair as fine but I don't believe it is dry. Check out the Ride the WAVE with me thread I created and you'll find some awesome help from other BIC members.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing