Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Anyone following/considering the curly girl method?

I have 2B/C waves and for years I've battled horrible frizz! Even though I only washed my hair once or twice a week I always felt I HAD to blow it out straight, because if I let my hair go wavy it would just expand into a frizzy mess (especially around the crown of my head)

Frankly I got tired of damaging my hair (which I'm sure was only making the frizz worse) and decided to go sulfate and silicone free a few months ago and embrace my waves instead of forcing them to be straight.  I also switched to cowash instead of shampoo which has left my hair so much more moisturized, however I do use a clarifying shampoo about once a month.  After a few weeks of bad hair and trying a few different products, I'm able to air dry without looking a mess!  

If you're considering embracing your natural texture I would highly suggest checking out https://www.naturallycurly.com/ to learn more about your hair type and check out their forum to find others with similar textures and concerns.  They also have a hilarious youtube channel 😃

There is a ton of info, in fact at first I found it pretty overwhelming - there are a lot of factors that effect wavy/curly hair, and tons of different ingredients that impact everyone's hair type differently.  But it's definitely worth it once you figure out what your hair needs and it starts cooperating with you!  Even though I'm no pro, I'm happy to share the tips I've come across so far, and would love to hear other's suggestions and experiences 😃

Re: Anyone following/considering the curly girl method?

I am too! I love the Facebook groups, they help soo much!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing