Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Any recommendations for detangling curly hair?

Hair tools ...

Re: Any recommendations for detangling curly hair?

Products containing apple cider vinegar work wonders for both softening and detangling hair. As luck would have it, Sephora is now offering a free sample of the dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Leave-In treatment with a $25 purchase (code DETANGLE.)

Here's a link to the full size product so you can check out the description and reviews to see if it might work out for you

http://www.sephora.com/apple-cider-vinegar-leave-in-hair-therapy-P407886?skuId=1815224&icid2=bd_deta...

Hi again! Deep conditioning helps with deta going. With the deep conditioner on, use a wide tooth comb to come through, in sections. I have 3c/4a hair and I love this technique and lose very little hair. I also use a denman comb during styling. The brush would work too. 

@lroa I'd try to be as gentle as possible.  I would personally start with a wide-toothed comb.  My sister got really knotty hair (three times - long story) and I spent hours taking it one step at a time.  Good luck!  I've also read about some girls using It's a Ten Miracle Leave-In Product as a detangler.

RE: Re: Any recommendations for detangling curly hair?

Thank you for your tip
Anonymous Insider

RE: Any recommendations for detangling curly hair?

If my hair gets super tangled I use a ton of coconut oil and put it all over the bottom 2/3 of my hair strands. I let the coconut oil stay in my hair for a few hours. Then I brush it out with a tangle teaser very gently starting from the ends and letting my hair lay on my hand instead of trying to push the strands all the way into the brush. After some partial brushing like this I can get all of the tangles out and brush my hair normally [always with a tangle teaser]. I'd recommend using a gentle shampoo or no-poo afterwards to get rid of excess oil. Some people can get away with a clarifying shampoo but those basically just make my hair tangled all over again. I just got the Melt into Moisture Matcha mask yesterday and it was super awesome for detangling. Hope this helps!

RE: Any recommendations for detangling curly hair?

Thank you for your tips

You can use your fingers with a good conditioner. Also try a rubber denman brush...one with removable bristles in case the original placement is too close together.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing