Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Any cheap yet effective curly hair products

I have dry sort of damaged curly hair and I’m now trying to take care of it but I want products that’s affordable but also effective.

Any cheap yet effective curly hair products

I've been happy with the shea moisture line. black castor oil leave in conditioner and coconut and hibiscus smoothie 👍🏾👍🏾

Re: Any cheap yet effective curly hair products

I use Carol’s Daughter and my daughter uses Cantu. They both work well for us. If your hair is dry I wouldn’t recommend you use anything with coconut oil in it. I work with someone who was a cosmetologist and she said it dries your hair out. 

RE: Any cheap yet effective curly hair products

They’re not sold at Sephora, but Cantu products are AMAZING! This is what I currently own by Cantu, I purchase mine at Sally Beauty

Avoid alcohol products for a while. I used OGx for a while (coconut oil). Shea moistures is a good hair line for curly hair. When I have a little extra money I also used redkin shampoo and conditioner that has RTC protein. Also Deva hair line. Avoid heat on your hair and no grabbing your hair while it’s still wet or moist . I used coconut oil for about six months on my hair. I also went to a salon who did treatments on my hair every other visit. No one wanted to touch my hair because of how damaged it was because of the bleach. I literally avoided any styling on my hair for a good year and now I have my curly bounce back

Re: Any cheap yet effective curly hair products

@GlowShay What type of products? What's your budget? Sheamoisture works well, various lines for hair type.

Also reddit r/curlyhair sidebar has product recommendations.

RE: Re: Any cheap yet effective curly hair products

Yeah a have thick curly hair

Yeah shea moisture is good I bought shampoo and conditioner and coconut cream styler and I love it but I’m still looking for more stylers. Do you have any good styler recommendations or treatments from shea moisture.

Chiming in here too.. SheaMoisture’s castor oil edge treatment. I have to go light with it, I use it like a finishing wax once my hair has dried and it’s tricky getting it through your hair, but it like seals your curls from humidity and boosts the volume a bit. It’s the perfect finishing touch

Re: RE: Re: Any cheap yet effective curly hair products

@GlowShay What's your hair thickness?

For my thick hair, I'll use the coconut  and hibiscus milk and smoothie together,  scrunch them in - either mixed or one after the other and plop. Both creams, milk is lighter than the smoothie.

I use Redken bonder pre shampoo 1x week, when needed, for when I'm more dried out.

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
testing