Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Any advice on hair growth?

I swear my hair has been the same length for about 5 years!! Currently I’m taking hair skin and nail supplements with biotin. Im using DevaCurl decadence products along with a Cantu curl cream... help!!

Any advice on hair growth?

I'm having that same issue too but I hear cutting off split ends often does help.

Re: Any advice on hair growth?

@MiszRed 

Since its seems you take good care of your hair and assuming you have a good nutrition, you might want to look into hair growth stages. I had a dermatologist friend that explained to me how it worked and made me understand that realistically I would never have super long hair.

The growth phase of hair (anagen phase), lasts an average of 3-5 years, so a full-length hair averages 18 to 30 inches (assuming an average hair growth of half inch per month).

Some lucky people may have an anagen phase of 7 years with hair being able to grow to 1 metre. This is more common in people of asian backgrounds.

Hair growth issues do exist and are usually due to illnesses, improper nutrition etc. These can cut the anlagen phase short and your hair won't grow to it's full potential. You can talk with your dermatologist and they might be able to offer further advice and run blood tests if needed.

RE: Any advice on hair growth?

There are some great hair growth oil options out there. Alikay Naturalsis my fave combination of oils. Black Castor Oil is fried and true also. Also, scalp massage frequently! Breakup any buildup to let your locks grow.

RE: Any advice on hair growth?

Deep condition at least once a week. Put Black Jamaican castor oil on your scalp and keep there for a day or two. Do that at least once a week as well. Avoid heat.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing