Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Wavy hair help

Hey! I recently learned that I have wavy hair, which explains why it always looked so puffy when I brushed it and why I always had random little curls or waves on some pieces. I’m looking for good products for this hair type. My hair gets weighed down easily as it is fine and get greasy quickly, so using mousses and gels and creams won’t help much 😞 I tried using a thicker curl mousse and realized it made my hair fallout. Does anyone have recommendations?? I just want to have healthy looking hair instead of this dull bird’s nest!!!

Tags:

Re: Wavy hair help

I try to use sulfate free shampoos and silicone free conditioner. I know not everybody agrees with that, but for my fine wavy hair, I've just found it to be best. I've tried a few, but to be honest, I always go back to the Pantene nutrient blends curl care shampoo and conditioner. For a while, I'd also use pantene mousse or gel after a shower, then once it dried, scrunch it out. That definitely helped define curls/waves - but to be honest, I'm just too low maintenance haha

The other thing I've tried recently that seems to be really great is the COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment You have to blow dry to activate it, so I've been applying it after showers and blow drying. Then after that, it lasts for 3-4 shampoos. I find it has reduced frizz in my hair which in turn leads to more defined waves.

And of course, the last thing is avoiding brushing my hair when it's dry. That leads to the frizzy/poofiness for me. I usually comb through in the shower, then kind of finger comb between showers.

Oribe Serene Scalp Oil Control Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 mL and OUAI Fine Hair Conditioner have been lifesavers for my wavy and fine hair, and I typically only wash twice a week. Since my roots get greasy pretty damn quickly after a clean, a high quality dry shampoo like Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo or the Klorane Oil-Control Dry Shampoo with Nettle (unfortunately not a product Sephora stocks) are also essential. 

@Samanthaa12 I have also been trying to get my hair, which I would describe has disorganized curls, into order and while I don't fully do the curly girl method, one thing I have found very helpful is brushing in the shower and then using the Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Turban . So I put in conditioner and then brush it through my hair while wet before rinsing instead of brushing after I shower. When I take it out of the turban I just sort of smooth it down a little with my fingers (though I do add some cream/gel). But not brushing after the shower has cut down significantly on puffiness/frizz .

I also do really like the #Briogeo Mini Farewell Frizz™ Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioner Spray 1.75 oz/ 52 mL and I do not find that super heavy. 

I second the Aquis hair turban! I found one at Winners, and my hair is definitely at its best when I use it.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing