Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Shampoo/conditioner for oily hair

So I have oily hair and I think Pantene helps with making it soft and not oily at all and makes my hair not so oily for longer periods of time. But I noticed my hair isn’t extremely soft or not as glossy so I was wondering if that’s normal? Maybe it’s my hair type I see some people on TikTok, have very glowing  hair and I was wondering what products might help with making my hair glowing yet not greasy? And should I use just shampoo or also conditioner? And which? Should I use the same brand of shampoo as conditioner? Thanks for anyone who answers! I know this is very long so I’m so sorry 😕 

Re: Shampoo/conditioner for oily hair

Hi! 

pantene might not be the best shampoo for your hair. it has many bad ingredients and will only give hair the appearance of being soft and healthy. it can create buildup in your hair over time which is probably why you notice the softness and glossiness going away. i would recommend using a more expensive shampoo with better ingredients. it is worth it in the long run and since you should only be using 2 dimes worth of shampoo each time, it should last awhile. to help with the buildup most likely in your hair from pantene i would recommend a clarifying shampoo once a week (my favorite is the OUAI Detox Shampoo). i don’t have overly oily hair so i’m not sure of a good daily  shampoo for you but just check the ingredients list and stay away from sulfates, parabens etc. just keep in mind you usually get what you pay for with hair care products!

hope this helps!  

I never did anything with coloring my hair or dyeing it.

Yes you should use both shampoo and conditioner! You don’t have to use the same brand/line. You can you what will work for your hair. Do you have colour treated/bleached hair? Also what kinda of towels do you use on your hair?   

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing