cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Ride the WAVE with me

Hey all,

My hair was a beautiful 3B my teen and college years. After issues with hormones and kids I have only wave left. It is frustrating not knowing how to style your hair anymore. My hair is now 2B, 2C would be an excellent day.

I plan to have a no-buy for makeup for one year (started Nov 2018) and focus on finding the right hair products. I want to take the process gradually and give things time.

I started using Devacurl in Spring 2018. I had low-poo, one condition, and arc angel gel. My hair looked and felt like straw and was not getting any curl back so I stopped using all three products.

In October I chopped off a lot of hair for donation and hoped to get some bounce back. The stylist (Deva certified) recommended no-poo, one condition, coconut styling cream, and b-leave in gel. The routine was okay but I wanted more out of my hair.

Over the past week I changed my styling product to arc angel gel. I know, I know, the stylist and others have already said it was too heavy for my hair. I just wanted to experiment and find what product caused my hair to turn to straw in the spring. Arc angel seems to be in the clear. But since it isn't helping with any curl, I will pass it on to my 3C/4A mom.

I plan to resume the last routine and see how it goes or if it still seems lackluster. My one condition is almost out but I have a one condition delight. I want to see how my hair reacts to this.

I also have samples of Decadence. I believe it will likely be too heavy but it is time to find what works and what doesn't.

So here begins my hair journey. Hoping to either learn to ride the waves or return to curl.

Re: Ride the WAVE with me

@jozkid - Your hair is gorgeous!  You look great too; I love the red lipstick!  I looked at the products on the website.  It seems like a good group of products and your review helps.  Thanks for the pics!  💖💖💖

Anytime @Titian06 !  Glad it helped

Hi, @jozkid !  Thanks for the info.  I haven't heard of this system either.  Looking forward to a pic!  💖💖💖

I'm so out of the loop. I've never heard of the LUS system so thanks for sharing @jozkid. I look forward to seeing your smile and curls soon!

@ShortErica @Titian06 I just posted photos of the LUS, but mistakenly put them in a response to myself. Didn’t want you to miss them

Just had to share that although my face looks full and I need to lose some pounds, I am pumped that I had a good hair day for family pictures!

ShortErica_0-1602682358725.png

@ShortErica @Beautiful family photo. The boys are growing up so fast. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125! They got big boy bikes for their birthday and are already asking about removing the training wheels. Maybe with a bit more practice.

What a beautiful family photo, @ShortErica - a perfect piano picture ☺️ You all look so happy, that is the best part!

Absolutely @eshoe! Despite their "trying too hard" smiles, haha, the boys sure are happy which is great.

My mom was relentless with family photos growing up, @ShortErica. I am the opposite as a result, if it weren’t for my daughter’s insistence, I wouldn’t have many family photos myself;) You have a beautiful family, what a blessing!

@ShortErica You all look fantastic, and you look great!  What a great family photo to have!

Aww, thank you @missjeanie!

@ShortErica  Awww thanks so much for sharing this beautiful photo - what a gorgeous family! I would love to have hair like yours. 

So sweet of you to say @PrettyPaint. I wish it cooperated every day.

Gorgeous family picture,  @ShortErica! Your and your hair look great!

Thank you @curlychiquita! The boys have started doing the forced smile which makes for some entertaining pictures.

@ShortErica Just want to drop by and say "What a beautiful family!!!"😍 Edit: Non sense about "i need to loose couple pounds".  You looks beautiful!

You're too kind @blackkitty2014. Covid has not been kind in terms of destroying my group exercising routine, no frisbee and soccer. I need to be motivated but also am getting my thyroid levels checked. Ugh having medical stuff. Hoping with some cooler weather the family will be outside even more.

What a wonderful photo of you and your family @ShortErica. Your hair is so pretty in that photo. I am not sure if if you agree but your husband reminds me of Prince William.

Thank you @Loretta55! My husband was like "I have no idea how he looks. Is he balding like me?" 🤣

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos145
  • 20181120_111654.jpg
  • 20181120_111749.jpg
  • A "good" day: Delight s&c, WaveMaker, Amika gel.
  • 20181122_195439.jpg
  • 45953559-A911-4CE7-9251-2B7B2D50E504.jpeg
  • 0D5A6526-A320-4820-915E-661BEAD0D8F2.jpeg
  • 20181126_132138.jpg
  • 20181126_132142.jpg
  • 20181126_132131.jpg
  • 20181126_132118.jpg
  • 3F1ACBDD-5905-4DED-88A5-28E354193400.jpeg
  • 5DE4FB2F-050E-4AB3-BCC6-F341FDBE9873.jpeg
  • 10698395_10153310875226111_5504507754087887955_n.jpg
testing