Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Protecting my curls and waves at night

I have wavy hair with some curls and never really did anything with it. Decided to up my hair game and got a shorter cut done to promote the curls. I’m using a leave in conditioner and curl gel. I am trying to figure out how to manage my hair when I sleep. I wear a cpap and the headstrap messes them up in the back. I decided to try something silk-lined and got a Grace Eleyae Adjustable Slap | Satin-Lined Cap Navy 

it helps maintain the curl a bit better but my hair is totally matted down when I get up because the cap is not loose and the the head strap mashes it down.

Not sure if I should get a silk pillowcase or a looser bonnet. Not sure I could make a turban work with the cpap strap. Having something underneath it also messes up the fit of the mask and I just had it refitted as it was bothering my nose. 

4C509644-DE14-4FE3-9920-88C99F1B495F.jpeg

Re: Protecting my curls and waves at night

@sprocketta  Loving the curls!!! I’ve been air drying my hair all summer and I just use silk pillow cases and my hair is still curly/wavy when I wake up. 

Do you pineapple your hair when you sleep @ather ? Do you notice that you have less frizz from using the silk pillowcase?

@Loretta55 @Nope just natural. I can’t sleep with anything in my hair. I’ve tried braids ponytails nothing. I get frustrated and pull it out. 

Try a wave spray @sprocketta . I use OUAI Mini Wave Spray 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  Verb Sea Spray 6.3 oz/ 186 mL . Spray throughout your hair , massage your roots , flip your head upside down and scratch away. It does make a huge difference.

If I can remember any additional waves sprays I will update. 

@Loretta55 Do i put it on before bed or in the morning? Sorry, I’m stupid about this stuff. Up until now I put zero effort into my hair.

I spray it in my hair after I shower @sprocketta. Could you put your hair in a high ponytail before putting on the slap?

@Loretta55 A high ponytail is not a happening thing. I tried. 😂

@Loretta55 It’s pretty short but I will see if I can manage that tonight. My cpap head strap is really throwing a wrench into things.

@sprocketta  I use the wave spray when my hair is wet after I wash it. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 4C509644-DE14-4FE3-9920-88C99F1B495F.jpeg
testing