Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Natural hair

Struggling with dryness even with the LOC or LCO method! Any suggestions for products?

Re: Natural hair

Try Atlantis Shampoo by R+Co

charbdoesitwell wrote:

Struggling with dryness even with the LOC or LCO method! Any suggestions for products?

Re: Natural hair

I think using a water based leave in conditioner and co washing made a huge difference for me. Sometimes (for me) it was the shampoos I was using that I found out were really drying. So using all natural shampoos or co washing could help. Coconut oil also was a big help for me too 🙂 

Castor Oil is your best friend. I take a bit ans massage...

Castor Oil is your best friend. I take a bit ans massage it in my scalp twice a week. Its made a significant difference. I also use the Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle when I do a twistout to really lock in that mositure. The Briogeo Curl line is also something I've really come to love. Hope this helps! 🙂

RE: Natural hair

I was struggling with this for a while...how often do you wet your hair? I noticed that when I stopped setting my hair everyday they dryness subsided a lot. I would also try to not use products with alcohol and sulfates this makes a difference. And co-washing more and only shampooing when you need to really clarify your hair because of product buildup and excessive oiliness.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing