Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Itchy scalp troubles :(

I have fine 2c-3b hair that I’ve never really had any problems with aside from a little bit of dandruff when I was 11/12. This past month though my scalp has been feeling itchy but hurts if I itch it/touch it very much. I would like to try a scalp oil but I have no idea where to start as I’ve never really needed any. Any recommendations? I would prefer it to be on the more affordable/drugstore side but I’m willing to try almost anything as I can’t get to my derm or primary anytime soon. 

Re: Itchy scalp troubles :(

I second the tea tree oil recommendation - I've had really good luck with that before! I also recently discovered charcoal treatments for dry itchy flaky scalp and would recommend that too. I think apple cider vinegar might something to consider as well. There are a few products that Sephora carries that could address those needs. Check out any of these and see if they might help you: Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo Mini 2 oz/ 59 mL , dpHUE Mini Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse 3 oz/ 88 mL , Briogeo B. Well Organic + Australian 100% Tea Tree Skin & Scalp Oil 

Good luck! 

Re: Itchy scalp troubles :(

Teatree oil is good it has a subtle cooling effect but also is a fungus fighter among other things. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing