Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Healthier curls

I am looking for better hair product for my curls. They used to be so long, full, and without any frizz. Now they are thin and a lot of frizz and short and takes dorever to grow

Healthier curls

A good way to fight frizz the moment you step out of the shower is to use a leave in conditioner straight out of the shower, and don't ever use a towel to dry your hair. I use Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream Leave In Conditioner and put it in my hair while my hair is still soaking wet. Then I wrap my head up in a t-shirt and let it stay like that for almost an hour before I finally take the shirt off of my head. My hair will still be wet, and I use some curl defining cream and Amika Curl Corps Hair Gel to scrunch it and let it air dry. I sometimes use Moroccanoil Strong Finish Finishing Spray after it has somewhat dried.

Re: Healthier curls

@Baovola styling your hair with a Denman brush defines your curls and keeps them from being frizzy. It's best to use it when you put leave in conditioner or hair gel in your hair, then you use the Denman brush and it works magic. I've been using one for 5 years now.

denmanbrushus .com/search?q=7+row

When using the brush, curve the brush inward and your curls will spring up. Scrunch your hair upward and it helps as well. Lastly, use the diffuser attachment on your blow dryer. Voila. Perfect defined curls.

Here's a video of a YouTuber trying it out for the first time. She didn't diffuse though, she let it air dry but that takes at least 3 hours, so I recommend diffusing to speed up the process which will still give you the same results.

@Baovola 

It can seem like your hair is taking longer to grow as the regrowth in curls isn’t as obvious as it is in someone with straight straight. Frizz is a sign that your hair is lacking moisture, I really like Redken All Soft Mega Mask as a treatment. You might also like Olaplex No.4 Shampoo. 

I use the redken extreme mega hair mask once every couple weeks, it works amazing 

Hi @Baovola!

I would recommend getting a trim every 3 months.  I hated the idea of that since it seemed like my hair would never grow long, but it's really been helpful in growing healthy hair!  I used to straighten my hair but I'm now in love with my natural beach wavy hair I forgot I had!

I use Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner (official Redken store on Amazon).  They have proteins in them which makes my super damaged silver bleached hair smooth.

You should look into shampoos, conditioners and hair masks/ treatments with proteins!

RE: Healthier curls

Hi, You should try using Olaplex n°3. It made my curls (3B type) look more defined and I get a lot of compliments.

You’re so right! I love Olaplex, works amazingly for my curls.

You should try Curl Smith hair growing pills. It’s available on Ulta. Also watch manes by Mell and swavy Courtney on YouTube.
8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos2
testing