Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Hair care

I'm looking for shampoo, conditioner, and oil/cream for my daughter's hair. She's a typical 8-year-old, loves to run around and play in the dirt. She loves her red curly hair but we recently noticed that it's dry, frizzy, and sometimes feels like hay. We have been using Love Beauty and Planet (soothe and nourish/Purple bottle) shampoo and conditioner and it's been great. That is until a couple of months ago. Nothing has changed that would affect her hair. I wash or help her wash her hair. 

Re: Hair care

I know someone already mentioned this, but it depends on where you live and if you are dealing with hard water or not. I moved from Arizona (dry heat, hard water) to Georgia (humid, softer water) and it took me several months of trial and error to figure out what worked for my 3C hair. If you live somewhere with hard water I would highly recommend using Apple cider vinegar to get rid of any build up. The dryness and frizziness can be caused by hard water. Try mixing 1 teaspoon of ACV and 2 cups of water and massage it into her scalp after shampooing. Allow this to sit for 2-3 minutes and then rinse and condition. I would also recommend Verb Curl Conditioner 32 oz/ 946 mL  and Verb Curl Shampoo . I also likeMizani 25 Miracle Milk Heat Protectant Leave-In Conditioner ans Mizani True Textures Curl Enhancing Lotion

Hope this helps!!

@O428NikNak  My son is 2 and has super thin curly long hair. Literally down to his. Um when it’s wet shoulder length when dry and it’s so thin it mattes bad. I use Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Conditioner 12.5 oz / 369 mL  Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo 12.5 oz / 369 mL  on his hair I’m super careful not to get it in his eyes since it’s not tear free and I also use Drunk Elephant Wild Marula™ Tangle Spray 4.0 oz/ 120 mL and his hair and curls never looked so good. 

I like Maui Moisture. 

Try the Verb curl leave in conditioner. It’s really heavy duty moisturizer. Will help with detangling too. Verb also has a hydrating mask that is very good. And reasonable price. 
Verb Curl Leave-In Conditioner 6 oz/ 177 mL 

Verb Hydrating Hair Treatment Mask 

I'm not super well versed in this, but depending on where you're located, weather changes will effect how well products work on your hair. For example, I need more moisture in the cold, dry winters. Humectants, like glycerin, can cause frizz if it is too cold or too humid out. Google glycerin and dew points and you can learn more. 🙂

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing