Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

HELP for defining curls!!!!

11499F72-5212-4327-890A-66F33E743B5A.jpeg

Okay my husband has the WEIRDEST hair texture I’ve ever seen and we have yet to find out how to style it properly. So my husband has corse, poofy, curly hair (he’s white btw if it helps). I also have curly hair and I’ve tried using my products on him but our hair textures are so different it just never works right. His curls are so undefined and poofy constantly and his hair feels so corse and dry but it gets oily fast so we are hesitant on using leave-in products. If anyone has any ideas of what may help get his hair back to a natural, healthy, curl that would be awesome

Re: HELP for defining curls!!!!

My husband and sons have the same issue. My husband tried growing out his hair in high school and had legit poufs from the curl and coarseness. It sounds like his hair needs moisture and a barber that knows how to cut coarse/curly hair. 

The oiliness of his hair and scalp is most likely caused by dryness. His scalp overcompensates for the dryness on his scalp. The products we have had the most success with is Briogeo Scalp Revival Scalp Therapy Essentials Value Set.  They use the micro-exfoliating shampoo two-three times a week. 

For daily shampoo and conditioning, we use Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Shampoo 33.8 oz / 1000 mL and Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Conditioner.  I know using something with oil in the title sounds counter productive but it has worked wonders. 

For styling, they use Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream. It gives them curl definition and control without it being crunchy.

Finally, we all sleep with silk pillow cases. It makes such a huge difference, especially for my boys because they end up with funky frizzy spots when they wake up that no amount of water will flatten or fix.

Hope this helps!

Re: HELP for defining curls!!!!

@GabiMyers 

First, hair is defined by texture not by race
I’m going to make the assumption that because he has an oily scalp, he is using a shampoo for oily scalp and/or washing his hair daily. That is where the dryness comes in and with “pouf” occurs. What is in his current routine? 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 11499F72-5212-4327-890A-66F33E743B5A.jpeg
testing