Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

HELP!! What order do all the curly hair products go in?!

I currently use the Olaplex line; shampoo once a week along with the use of the deep treatments #0 & #3. I use the basic conditioner last then put #6 & #7 into my hair while wet. That’s when the confusion starts. What goes on next? Curl cream, mousse, gel,?  Can I mix them all together?  All I want is nice spirals, no crunch, along with some above average volume.  Latest buy is Amika curl cream & gel. I feel these two may be drying my hair out as I am dealing with a lot of frizz right now. I would be happy with any help I can get. It took a long time for me to get my curly top in shape and now I feel like I am back sliding to my awful teen years when no one new how to help me with my curls so my mom would use wax paper and an iron to straighten it. 

Re: HELP!! What order do all the curly hair products go in?!

I've been happy with a lot of Amika products but not all - not sure if you're using them together since they suggest that. I love the curl cream but the gel was super drying and did not work for me. I use the curl cream with a little bit of hair oil (currently using the Amika Glass Action) added in and that does the trick most days for soft curls. Just a thought before you ditch both products.

Re: HELP!! What order do all the curly hair products go in?!

Use cream followed by mousse!!! But if you let it air dry you will have some crunch. Once dry use a hair oil on your hands to lightly smooth over and soften curls. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing