cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Frizzy Curly Hair, Help!

Hi!

I am in desperate need of finding products that are good for taking frizzy, curly hair. I used to use DevaCurl but stopped with that line, and now I'm onto Moroccanoil. I just use the curl defining shampoo and conditioner, but then I use Bumble and Bumble styling creme to get my curls with a mix of the Bumble and Bumble curl defining creme on my ends. I also use the UV and heat protection Bumble and Bumble spray..

But it seems whether I air dry it, blow dry it with a diffuser... Nothing works for my frizz! I live on the Oregon Pacific Northwest so there is a lot of moisture in the air typically...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can tame my frizz?? I heard Shea Moisture is really good but I'm very worried if I spend my money on a new line of shampoo and conditioner that it'll be a waste...

Please help a girl out and her frizz!!

Re: Frizzy Curly Hair, Help!

I am not so sure that any particular product will help to eliminate frizz @TastyAlpacas (love your username BTW) The best thing that I have noticed to eliminate frizz is not to touch your hair if you air dry. I am also contemplating getting away from DevaCurl products due to the controversy. I am not quite there yet. I still have a stash to work my way through.

RE: Frizzy Curly Hair, Help!

The combo I’ve been using for years is Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner and Ouai Rose Hair & Body Oil. You only need a tiny amount, a little goes a long way. I use this combo after I shower and it leaves my hair so silky, soft and ZERO frizz. When I want to style the next day, I use John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Daily Styling Spray. It was always so hard trying to find a good combo for my hair because my hair is super thick, curly/wavy, and frizzy. So trying products was something I was always in to. Now years later these products have been my holy grails. Hope this helps! @TastyAlpacas

Re: Frizzy Curly Hair, Help!

Hey love! First, I would say look at the Moroccan Oil ingredients, after seeing that it maintains mostly silicone and fragrance I was skeptical on it fixing or reviving my curls long term. Here's a list of curly girl items I recommend/love to give my hair a flowy frizz-free bounce:

- Bumble and bumble Thickening Full Form Soft Mousse 5 oz/ 150 mL

(Gives a bounciness to the curls that don't look tired or loose)

- IGK THIRSTY GIRL Coconut Milk Anti-Frizz Leave-in Conditioner 5 oz/ 179 mL

(Makes the curls moisturized and smooth to the touch) ALSO I love using it while I diffuse!

- AMIKA - The Wizard Detangling Primer

(Keeps hair from tangle/frizz)

- IGK RICH KID Coconut Oil Air-Dry Styling Cream 5 oz/ 148 mL

(Hair gel that makes curls look glossy and perfectly curled without any crunchiness or hardness)  

- IGK Offline 3-Minute Hydration Hair Mask 6.7 oz/ 198 mL 

(This will fix ANY damage you have and give the hair it's life back)

Hope this helps! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

RE: Frizzy Curly Hair, Help!

Use a curling gel 🙂 the gel will keep your frizz down !
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing