Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Damaged Curly hair

Spoiler

image.jpg

6554F2B5-AEB7-442F-95F0-BC1BE8AB9F3F.jpeg

image.jpg

Hi all! I am currently on my curly hair journey and it’s getting a little crazy and overwhelming. My hair is very curly, med thick, dry, frizzy. If i dont do anything to it, it turns into a big frizz ball!! Over this year I straightened it and dyed it so much, that it put my hair into a drought. My roots are tight and dry. Advice? I added a pic of when i add products, and without. Oh and i used Olapex but it doesnt really work. So, any products you use, i would love to know too!

Re: Damaged Curly hair

What i do for my hair is i try not to wash it all the time so ill go 2 or 3 days at a time without washing so that my hair gets used to its natural oils. I also like to use the Cantu coconut curling cream and gel. Its nothing expensive but it works. For me at least. When my hair is frizzy I like to put a pump of the biologe hair oil and it reduces my frizz but I hope this helps out a bit 😅 

Hi! Hairstylist here in NYC since ‘05. Familiar with curls and Olaplex. Ideally to rebond, I’d def find a salon where you can do step 1 & 2 first to get the strongest rebounding treatment. Then go ahead and use the at home maintenance. I always explain to my guests that it’s kind of like making a pizza without the crust. You need the crust to enjoy the whole pizza. Good luck with your curl journey!! 

Thank you!!

Hey! It still looks great! Honestly, it takes a loooot of patience unfortunately. I used to relax mine and then straighten it a lot. I had to completely stop using heat on it and then use a lot of products in it. It works out eventually. Try leave-in’s with creams and/or gels. I love the brand kinky curly but I’m still exploring others. I actually just bought olaplex lol so I’m sad to hear it didn’t help in your case. Here are pictures of my hair now vs what it used to be. 

2A811975-7A97-4B44-A1FA-BED148C7725F.jpeg

164C144F-2CCE-4C9E-B367-0A07A39E4FC3.jpeg

Thank you ❤️

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos5
  • 6554F2B5-AEB7-442F-95F0-BC1BE8AB9F3F.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg