Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Curly hair

Hi there everyone, I am new to this beautiful community! 🤗  I have a question that maybe we can all work together to fix. I’m sure I’m not the only one still having this problem. 

I have one strand of hair at the bottom of my head that never stays curly, it straightens and becomes frizzy by the time it drys.

This recently started about a month ago when I started using texture ID. I started using olaplex a week ago. 

Does anyone else have this issue and do you have any advice that you would like to share? 

Thank you! 🥰

538888F8-AA6D-4D7A-8206-65B40EA79FB6.jpeg

Re: Curly hair

@RayFlower13 - I have the same problem.  I have my stylist cut that part of my hair to the length of the curly part of my hair.

Re: Curly hair

I don’t have an answer, but I have the same problem.  Unfortunately, I have more strands that are like that.  It’s like my head can’t decide if my hair is curly or frizzy/wavy!  I broke down and did a Brazilian blowout a few years ago to try to tame it, but it didn’t really work.  I still had to work very hard to get it to look smooth.  Even multiple stylists haven’t been able to help.  I love my curls, but the frizzy waves need some help.  I also can’t ever wash/condition my hair without it tangling terribly even if I brush it out before I get in the shower.  My kids tell me I look a lion when I let it dry naturally… that’s not really the look I’m going for!  Usually I just end up braiding it.  

Your hair really looks beautiful though, even with the one different strand! If I were you, I’d just curl that one with a curling iron.  I’ve done that a few times with my straighter, frizzy, wavy strands, but it’s just a pain.  I hope someone has a better answer for you!  

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 538888F8-AA6D-4D7A-8206-65B40EA79FB6.jpeg
testing