Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

โš ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธ๐Ÿšจ curl emergency ๐Ÿšจโ€ผ๏ธโš ๏ธ

32645D60-F1BB-42E5-AD2B-98A38DE0F224.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Helping this man with curl maintenance!

* He has thin, frizzy, extremely dry, hair with kinda bad dandruff. 

* I am reaching out to the curl community for gel/shampoo/conditioner/ other hair product recommendations. 

*** He really wants an anti frizz hair styling product to keep his curls bouncy without feeling crunchy!

THANK YOU!!

Re: โš ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธ๐Ÿšจ curl emergency ๐Ÿšจโ€ผ๏ธโš ๏ธ

Leave in conditioner and/or a curl cream will help the curls flourish! Anything that gives the hair moisture and retains it. Iโ€™ve never used any products from sephora like this (I usually use Cantu or Shea Moisture because Iโ€™m cheap). HOWEVER, my mother really enjoyed the Verb Curl Cream 5.3 oz/ 157 mL and a friend of mine liked amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask 8 oz/ 250 mL . As for dandruff, if itโ€™s not too intense, I really enjoy the Verb Ghost Weightless Shampoo. However if itโ€™s a bit more stubborn, I think a scalp scrub or treatment is the only think thatโ€™ll work. 

If youโ€™re okay shopping elsewhere, the cantu leave in conditioner is my go-to. A lot of drugstore products do essentially the same thing so I say just try whatever catches your eye. If not, thereโ€™s tons more cleaner, substantial options that Iโ€™ve just never tried that are most likely amazing. 

All this can sound intimidating, but itโ€™s really just about getting at least one really nourishing and moisturizing styling product. I also recommend letting it air dry. AND SCRUNCHING! 

Re: โš ๏ธโ€ผ๏ธ๐Ÿšจ curl emergency ๐Ÿšจโ€ผ๏ธโš ๏ธ

Hi,

The main reason frizz happens is because the hair doesn't get enough moisture! I would recommend using a hair mask once or twice a week (Moroccan Oil, Briogeo, and Kerastase have some really good ones!) and using shampoo without sulfates, since sulfates strip natural oils and moisture out of the hair.

For a quick fix, Briogeo has some frizz control products, although they do have more of a feminine scent.

For styling, I would look into the Garnier Fructis Curl Nourish line (a drugstore brand) to get a sense of what product types you like! Creams, gels, mousses, etc. They range from $3-$7, so you can experiment all you want. GF products have a gender-neutral scent, although they don't smell very strong. Then, I would recommend buying some products from Sephora once you know what works! Not Your Mother's and Bumble & Bumble are very popular.

Also... most gels make your hair crunchy at first! That means they are working. You have to "scrunch out the crunch" when your hair is completely dry. Most creams are sticky and crunchy at first as well, although they typically have a less strong hold than gels. Either way, if a cream or gel stays sticky after you crunch it out, it's probably time to try something different.

Hope I helped! Let me know if you have any other questions!

- Victoria

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 32645D60-F1BB-42E5-AD2B-98A38DE0F224.jpeg
testing