Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

worlds ideal foundation

hi guys, id like to introduce myself as the worlds biggest foundation junkie (bet you to name one i havent tried!). while ive honestly loved some and hated others, ive been thinking of starting a conversation that makeup brands can use to thier advanatge to create something that is downright PERFECT. so what are the must have qualities you would love to see in your foundation? list as many as you can!

Re: worlds ideal foundation

The perfect foundation? Well, first off, they'd need to have a variety of tones for both extremely fair and extremely dark skin tones. I've noticed that brands tend to ignore one or the other, and it is HIGHLY annoying. Note to CEO s of make-up brands: fair toned and dark toned ladies are more numerous than you'd think, we are not unicorns d#@!-it!

Second no more using moisturizer ingredients unless the product is for dry skin or is a BB cream/ combo product.

Here's the reason I'm upset about the use of moisturizer ingredients in a foundation for all skin types that is NOT a BB cream or combo moisturizer/ foundation product. Uh, CEO s? You realize we have already slathered our face in oils and hyaluronic acid with that moisturizer and possibly our serum, right? And us oily, combo, acne-prone girls do NOT need more moisture! It will only break us out! If you are going to use a ton of moisturizing ingredients then label the product for normal to dry skin, not all skin types!!

Finally, I'd like to see a finish that is smack in the middle between matte and dewy. A true satin finish, that also provides medium to full coverage. I'd also love to see a matte finish that does NOT emphasize your pores, lol. 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing