Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

my foundation is too light

I went into the store and bought a foundation based on the IQ.. but since I spend a lot of time outside, my complexion is changing and will continue to get darker throughout the summer. Someone said to buy a bronzer, which I did, but it doesn’t darken it for me. How do I wear makeup when experiencing complexion changes due to tans without spending so much money on different foundation colors?

RE: my foundation is too light

As Elaine said, I like to use light coverage over the summer since my skin tone is in flux. I’m gonna be mom, too—are you using your SPF? If you love your foundation and can afford it, buy the same foundation in a darker shade.. go as dark as you think your skin will go. Blend the two shades, on the back of your hand if that’s what you’ve got, every morning. It’s not as complicated as it sounds bc your skin tone isn’t going from porcelain to bronze overnight, you’ll get used to 2/3 pump light and 1/2 pump dark, etc. works best with a brush, I’ve done it for friends when they only have beauty blenders and it works ok but it’s a little harder to blend very well. The custom color drops work in the same way, I find them to be a bit less forgiving than blending two shades. So, nyx drops to save, darker color to splurge. Or enjoy the freedom of a bb cream that only comes in three colors 🙂 Glow on 💫

my foundation is too light

I typically just buy two foundations. If you do want to adjust a foundation's shade you can buy colour drops to do that. Nyx makes some decent drops that I used to lighten my nice Smashbox summer foundation for an event in a cold snap. My skin was not impressed with the cold and my pale Sephora foundation was flaking off.

Re: my foundation is too light

@SassyNee I have summer shades and winter shades, it’s just part of my foundation ”wardrobe.” Depending in the coverage, some products are more forgiving than others with changing shades. Full coverage products are not going to be as forgiving and need to matched almost exactly. If you are using a liquid foundation, try pigment drops to darken the shade. Cover FX and MAC make some, a couple other brands might too. You can try adding liquid bronzer too. If you tend to stick with only one foundation product and wear the same thing every day, you should be able to get through a bottle per season or so, and you can just buy the right shade when it comes time to replenish it (lighter in the winter, darker in the summer). 

Re: my foundation is too light

I have the same issue. I just caved and got a bb cream instead to use for the summer. i like the maybelline ones. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing