Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

help me pick the best brand

I am interested in trying one of the brands as a whole product line so I can see if the line works before mixing up too many brands please help me vote the best one and why?? 1. ole henriksen 2. origins 3. herbivore 4. laneige 5. caudalie please help I'm so stuck. I would like to start with a mini collection to try but I can't decide they all offer great products! Thank you to all who help

Re: help me pick the best brand

What is the worry about mixing up brands?  I use a number of brands.  Don't limit yourself, because what works well in one category of a given brand might not work as well for you in another category.  For example while I like the CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
I find that the DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Day Serumworks better for me.  On the flip side, the Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mLdoesn't work as well for me as the KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado.  And the Kiehl's Since 1851 Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 0.5 oz/ 15 mLdoens't work for me as well as the LANEIGE - Lip Sleeping Mask does.  

Don't worry about brands or "collections" but instead focus on what is the best for you.

Thank you for your input! Can you recommend some products in those lines that you have tried? I don't want to go with an overly expensive brands. I have done some reading and from what I "read" these brands interest me. Thanks!

Hey, @Anlynne

I personally love Ole Henriksen, Laneige and Caudalie 🙂 I would recommend you start out with a minis set from whichever brand you choose so you don't have to commit for so long and you can see if it works for your skin without blowing your budget! I don't know your skin type so here are some general suggestions:

CAUDALIE - Favorites Set

OLEHENRIKSEN A Brighter Truth™ Brightening Essentials Set

OLEHENRIKSEN - Balance It All™ Essentials Set

OLEHENRIKSEN - Nurture Yourself Gentle Hydration Set

LANEIGE - Hydrating Trial Kit

LANEIGE - Pore Care Trial Kit

The only thing I don't like about Laneige is that their toners have alcohol in them. If you have dry skin, I'd avoid using those. 

What products with Ole H, Laneige and Caudalie do you love?

I am normal skin, but i am looking for products to even out my skin tone (slightly red cheeks) and brighten up my skin so it looks radiant. Any products from any of these lines that you have tried that do this or that you particularly recommend?

My personal faves from Laneige are the LANEIGE - Water Sleeping Mask and LANEIGE - Lip Sleeping Mask Holiday Edition 🙂 I use both in my night routine and love them! 

From Ole, the OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum® is very popular to brighten skin, but I personally didn't react well to it. I recommend trying out a sample first to make sure your skin reacts well to Vitamin C. 🙂 

I also really like the OLEHENRIKSEN - Transforming Walnut Scrub to exfoliate my skin (I use it when I'm in the shower since it can be a bit messy). 

I just finished a mini OLEHENRIKSEN - Face the Truth™ Gel Cleanser and it was lovely. It didn't dry out my face and helps with brightening, so you might enjoy it too 🙂

I unforthnately haven't tried too much from Caudalie yet, but I loved their  Moisturizing Toner since it is so gentle and didn't contain alcohol. It also helped remove any dirt and makeup my cleanser didn't remove and helped hydrate my skin 🙂

Hope this helps, @Anlynne!

Thank you for your advice! Any other recommendations that I don't know about?

Sure! These aren't necessarily brands that you mentioned, but I love these products as well:

GLOW RECIPE - Limited Edition Watermelon Jelly Tote Set (I love all of the products in this set)

DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads

TARTE - Scrub Clean Cleansing Set 

@Anlynne (don't forget to tag people or else it is hard to see when someone responds 😬)

@SpaceLlama Ooh thank you! What do you love about the Glow Recipe? I need some products to brighten and make my skin glow and I need a good eye treatment, facial peel and moisturizer! Any more ideas??

I find the GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Pink Juice Moisturizer perfect for hydrating my skin under makeup 🙂 It is lightweight enough for daytime use. The GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask is really good as a more heavy duty hydration product. You put it on before you go to sleep and your skin will be glowing and hydrated when you wake up. I love sleeping masks year round, but even more during winter. Glow recipes's products are meant to help your skin glow, so I do think you'd like their products. Bonus: their products smell like jolly ranchers (yum!)

For a facial peel, I really love the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL that I mentioned above. You only use it 2-3 times a week and it leaves your skin feeling ridiculously smooth. I haven't really tried out other peels, so I don't have any more personal recommendations. 😬

@Anlynne

@Anlynne Out of your list, I would go with Caudalie 

Why do you recommend this brand? Tell me what their products do for your skin??

@Anlynne I would say Caudalie out of the list.

@Anlynne I answered you back in the new thread you had.

RE: help me pick the best brand

i really love caudalie, an amazing brand with great products

Re: RE: help me pick the best brand

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing