Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

good foundations for dry, and acne prone skin. will not cause breakouts

I have tried smash box 15 hour hydrating foundation, too faced born this way foundation. Any suggestions or thoughts?

RE: good foundations for dry, and acne prone skin. will not cause breakouts

These foundations are good for acne prone skin, as i struggle with acne - but i am not certain how they’d work for dry skin. I’ve got combo skin. Hope this helps 🙂 Fenty Pro Filt’r Nars radiant longwear Estée Lauder double wear Bare minerals complexion rescue gel

Re: good foundations for dry, and acne prone skin. will not cause breakouts

Becca Skin Love is a good one. 

But...no matter what which foundation you choose, regardless of formula will promote breakouts if not removed from your skin properly after each makeup application. And if your brushes arent washed weekly.

Removing makeup is just as much of a process as applying makeup.

You will find what products work best for your skin, but below is a "template" of my makeup removal process.  Enjoy 🙂

1. On dry skin, use the Clinique makeup remover balm or Drunk elephant makeup remover balm all over, eyes too. (note - I dont use the mix in beads w the drunk elephant balm, its too harsh and I (lightly) use balm to remove eyeshadow and eyeballs and mini exfoliating beads dont mix lol.

Once the balm is all over rinse with warm water...lightly dry your face

2. Apply a cleansing jelly or makeup dissolving cleansing wash to your of your choice and rinse with warm water. I like The D.E. cleansing jelly, sephora brand facewash/toner combo, or the Origins willowherb jelly & lightly dry your face (*note i dont really use the jelly to remove eye makeup - I use the Fresh soy face cleanser for removing eyeshadow and mascara)

3. For my final step, I will gently use makeup wipes to remove any residual product on my face and eyes. The sephora brand wipes are BOMB! The watermelon and cucumber are my faves. 

*Bonus Step* Once I take my nightly shower that is when i use my actual face wash for the deep clean. I use the Origins checks and balances wash...wherever you're dry it adds moisture and where you're too oily it wicks it away.

Go to your local Sephora and ask for sample for these products so you can try before you buy 🙂 

RE: good foundations for dry, and acne prone skin. will not cause breakouts

Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

Re: good foundations for dry, and acne prone skin. will not cause breakouts

Hi @ncarr97 ,

I suggest the LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation or the TARTE - Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Sea Collection. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing