Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Yellow color corrector for purple circles, lid discoloration, and dark inner corners

Hello kind people! 

I'm searching for a yellow color corrector for my fair 20th century, Ritchie Cunningham white skin. It needs to cover  purple circles, lid discoloration, and dark inner corners. My go-to corrector for eons was Benefit's Lemon-aid eye primer. Great stuff, but I can't bear giving someone on eBay $50 for 3 grams of the stuff. Even new in the box it has to be 10 years old!

The last few years I've been using a yellow corrector compact from e.l.f., and it was a good dupe.  So of course it was discontinued a year ago or more.

Both of these cream correctors took away undereye circles, lid discoloration, and inner eye darkness. The one drawback was they both were slightly greasy on application, but they dried down to perfection. 

I didn't need concealer or foundation on top of either of these correctors, so I could get away without it. 

Please share with me your magic yellow correctors for my skin type. If anyone can give me info on how Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Yellow or MUFE Primer Color Corrector, Dullness Eraser worked for you, please share! 

I've also got Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Neutralizer 150, and Maybelline Master Camo Color Corrector in Yellow on my list. Others I've seen are NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer Wand, L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD in Light Yellow and Palladio Under Eyes Disguise in Yellow. 

The drugstore brands I can afford to try over time, but I'm hoping for some good advice! On the higher end, the MUFE gives you more for your money than the pricey Lancome, but which is better?

Thank you for your words of wisdom!

Re: Yellow color corrector for purple circles, lid discoloration, and dark inner corners

@hemingwaykitten - I recommend Cover FX color corrector click stick in yellow.  I've been using it for years when Clinic discontinued their Redness Solution stick in yellow.  It's available on their website (Ulta doesn't carry it).  Don't let the picture fool you; it looks mustardy yellow, but it's a lighter, brighter yellow.

Re: Yellow color corrector for purple circles, lid discoloration, and dark inner corners

Thank you so much!

@hemingwaykitten I would try Ben Nye and RCMA yellow color corrector. They are what professional makeup artists use. 

The RCMA line would need to be hand mixed every time (e.g., Yellow ochre & super white) which is more hands on and time consuming. 

Ben Nye didn't have anything ready to apply either.

Kryolan Dermacolor has a Camouflage Cream which might work, but again it is a solid cream which needs time for one to work with that.

My purplish dark circles and eye lids aren't all that DARK, really. I don't need spackle, lol. A pale yellow color corrector liquid would work. 

Has anyone tried the Lancome Teint Idole or MUFE Primer for Dullness Erasing? With all the threads devoted to dark circles here, someone has to have a good solution, I'm sure.

With the world growing more diverse pigment wise, it seems most purple/blue color correctors are peach or apricot out there now. I'm happy for the diversity, but those of us of Scandinavian or Scots-Irish descent will need something lighter to correct our dark areas. 

Any advice is much appreciated!

@hemingwaykitten I was going to suggest the Lancôme one but didn’t know if they would work for you.  Can you go to a beauty counter and ask for a sample of it?

Nyx and Ulta brand have one as well. 

I will look at those suggestions!

Thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing