Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

What gives the best look?

Using a sponge applicator, a brush or silicone applicator for foundation/concealer? I’ve been using a sponge, so far perfect but looking to try something new.

Re: What gives the best look?

They all look great, it just depends on what kind of coverage you want. Brushes (especially denser ones) tend to apply a fuller coverage than a sponge. However both can easily do light to full coverage depending on how much you use and how many layers you want to put on

RE: What gives the best look?

Depends on what finish you're going for and what type of brush you're using. When I first started applying foundation I know the stippling brush was great for doing very light feathering and giving a very natural look. I know that just like the beauty blender a foundation brush gives a really full coverage look. I think with a beauty blender you can achieve both looks though. It really does help distribute product nicely and really does help it to seep into the skin.

Re: What gives the best look?

Hello @Panda4lifei would have to agree with @SportyGirly125 a Beauty Blender or the Real Techniques sponges always give me the best application. However, when I do decide to use a brush, I always make sure to really buff it into the skin and it gives a flawless application. (If I'm being super paranoid I'll go back over it with a sponge to smooth everything out further.)

My favorite face brushes are from Bh Cosmetics. I bought a traditional face set years ago when I first got into makeup and they stand against the length of time. I've never had any shedding or broken brushes and lemme tell you I really buff the products into my skin. 

I've heard many good things about the Clarisonic brush applicator head but have yet to try it myself. 

Keep trying till you find something you like. It just takes time, patience, and practice 🙂 Good luck 

RE: What gives the best look?

For me the sponge or beauty blender gives the best look. I tried the brush and my fingers and it didn't work as well.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing