Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

What am I doing Wrong? EVER foundation looks patchy on me. I've tried EVERYTHING! help!!

I need some help. I've been trying so many foundations that I'm going crazy. Today I'm wearing the new LYS Foundation.. It cant be the foundation because it happens to me with almost every foundation. I've tried Bite beauty - not good, Bare minerals - not good and some other not clean foundations. So I need to preface this with: I DO exfoliate - AHAs Lactic acid from the ordinary and retinol about once every two weeks. I use Drunk elephant for moisterizer and cleansers. I have used primer and I have also not used it - same results.  Today i used the ordinary moistruizer AFTER my drunk elephant because I heard it could work as a primer. The primer I usually use is Fenty beauty pro filter and it tends to work amazingly with some foundations but not all.  With this foundation, it seperated and caused problems. I used to use Dior foundation which I liked but the price was too high for me to maintain and it had fragrance which is a no for me.

I have combination skin - I have oil T zone and dryish to normal cheeks chin.

I'm looking for CLEAN makeup that is affordable - but I guess clean isnt the way to go for my skin type? I don't know what to do anymore - maybe I'm being too picky? Please let me know or offer advice. I really would love some help! I'm a total newbe to makeup.close upclose upbathroom lightingbathroom lightingnatural outdoor light. applied 20 minutes prior - left side was setting spray, right side was powdernatural outdoor light. applied 20 minutes prior - left side was setting spray, right side was powderbeen on for about two to three hoursbeen on for about two to three hoursbeen on for about two to three hours.been on for about two to three hours.der $50.

I have set with powder, I have set with spray, I have set with nothing - STILL THE SAME! Please help. what is a good foundation for a girl like me that will work on my type of skin. If it isn't clean, that's fine because I'm desperate at this point.

Re: What am I doing Wrong? EVER foundation looks patchy on me. I've tried EVERYTHING! help!!

Hi!! Have you ever tried a stick foundation?

I hope you have a great day, beautiful!

Re: What am I doing Wrong? EVER foundation looks patchy on me. I've tried EVERYTHING! help!!

That has happened to me ,numerous of times🙁.

It's the layering of the products that are being  being used.

The less product layering its the best for me.

What works for me is tonner, a serum wait until it absorbs completely ,than you apply your moistrizer.

Nothing to thick,for me is from belief the moistrizer water Bomb it is the bomb.lo!

Hopefully this helps.

sorry to hear this girl 😞 i'll try my best to help! 

Maybe you could try different primers for different parts of your face? You could use a matte one for oily parts of your face and hydrating ones for dry parts. 

You could also try using a hydrating toner, one I absolutely love is the LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL  try the mini version first to see if you like it

I just think that the primer might be the thing that is causing problems, try looking around for new ones 🙂 one of my favourites is LANEIGE Glowy Makeup Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL  

Wishing you the best!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos5
  • close up
  • bathroom lighting
  • natural outdoor light. applied 20 minutes prior - left side was setting spray, right side was powder
  • been on for about two to three hours
  • been on for about two to three hours.
testing