Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Visible Texture ONLY after applying blushes, bronzers, highlight... etc

Hello everyone!! I am not sure if I have asked this question already or mentioned this before but how do I keep my face looking smooth and untextured after I apply powder products such as blush, bronzer, highlight... etc?? My skin has improved drastically so without makeup I don’t have any textures areas and when I apply my foundation it looks smooth and pretty perfect. Still no texture or cakey look. Well I’ve noticed now (nothing has changed, I’m just now noticing this) that after applying any type of powder product to my face, I get texture in my cheeks... and my makeup looks cakey. I have tried using less product, but that did not help. I did stop using setting powder because that was just adding to the problem. At one point I was using BECCA - Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powderand it actually helped a lot with my problem but sadly my situation has changed quite drastically and won’t be able to purchase that again for a while. I’ve tried others and it just doesn’t work. So now I’m just waiting for my foundation to I guess dry up a bit and I’ll apply my bronzer and/or blush with my highlighter and suddenly everything looks caked on as If I had put a million layers on it but I am using SUCH light amounts. It looks that way before and after setting with my setting spray which is a Dewey finish setting spray. My foundation also has a bit of a Dewey finish, but not as much as some. More natural than anything I guess. Anyway, does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Like is there a way I can blend it better or smooth it out once it’s already on my face? Thanks!!

Visible Texture ONLY after applying blushes, bronzers, highlight... etc

have you tried only creamy products? (i.e. a blush stain or mouse instead of a powder?) I love love the velvet look of powdered skin, but I'm determining that it causes my skin to cake up, too. (and moisturization is my numero uno priority in the rest of my skincare)

Re: Visible Texture ONLY after applying blushes, bronzers, highlight... etc

@ellex0 The powder you are setting your face with is probably not compatible with your skin.  Have you tried CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder or HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder?

You don't have to wait to long for your foundation to dry.  Also, the reason why it is looking more heavy when you apply bronzer and blush is because unlike applying it over setting powder the foundation is grabbing onto the blusher and bronzer directly.  Which means it can make your skin more cakey especially if not the right brush is used.  When you use a setting powder and then the blush and bronzer the color will diffuse out.  Lastly, if you use a highlighter that has even a little amount of sparkle/glitter in it, it can accentuate texture even though it looks like you have none.

Also, maybe the foundation isn't right for your skin concern.

Re: Visible Texture ONLY after applying blushes, bronzers, highlight... etc

@SportyGirly125 Thank you! I’ll try your recommendations. The foundation I’m using now actually has made my skin look better than ever, absolutely in love with it. It isn’t considered full coverage but it covers my redness with just one layer and blends so nicely. This is the first foundation that doesn’t stick to any dry patches or look cakey even without powder so I’m pretty sure your advice about using the products over setting powder is what’s causing it. I recently received a full size OFRA highlighter that adds NO texture whatsoever so that is really nice. I got it in my allure beauty box the other day and I’m in love. But I’ll try one of those setting powders to see if that helps. 

RE: Visible Texture ONLY after applying blushes, bronzers, highlight... etc

I’ve been having this issue too and today I tried applying translucent powder over my foundation with a beauty blender instead of a brush and it helped a bit. Initially it looked a tiny bit textured but after 5-10 minutes it looked pretty smooth.

Re: RE: Visible Texture ONLY after applying blushes, bronzers, highlight... etc

@Teelou I’ve been trying that as well and it does help a tad bit but not enough. Mainly because it’s thd other things like bronzer blush and highlight that make it look bad 😭maybe I should set my foundation before using the powdered stuff??

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing