Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Using Concealer as a foundation (for easier redness coverage)??

Hey guys, ive been looking for a great foundation (powder foundation too) with medium coverage, thats easy to apply, that last good and doesnt transfer.

So far im using the Almay powder for foundation on top of a moisturiser, and the thing with this is that to cover redness, i have to apply Alot of powder, and it take alot of time in the morning.

Ive seen or read somewhere that people use certain concealers as foundation;  that its good to cover redness easier and faster, and that it stays good too.

Which concealer do you like (as foundation)??

I have normal to oily skin, and i have some texture.

Note: even if i have normal to oily skin, im not looking for products that would make my skin look dry, because too dry isnt good.

In other words, im looking for a good product to cover redness, (but still medium as im not into full coverage), that would be easy to work with (fast for morning) and that would hold for the day.

Please share your favorites 🙂🙂🙂

Thank you very much.

Re: Using Concealer as a foundation (for easier redness coverage)??

@Emy10  It’s really pricey but the best concealer that I’ve found that I could use like foundation is Cle De Peau.

You know guys, maybe i should try the Nars creamy concealer again.

Maybe the mini i got years ago was from an older batch... i tried it on my eyes and it was soooo dry!!

What do you think??

Its what Wayne Goss used, and it should hold well. 

Hoping it wouldnt make me oilie than normal too.

@faeriegirl  auuhhmmm yes, this brand is expensive lol, ill try others before to go there 😅😅😅🙂

I would love to know how to use the foundation for the coverage redness easily ???

@mantia  redness can be covered with a more full coverage foundation, or, with concealer underneath foundation, also by the correct color correcting. 

@Nahnom @Emy10 - American Sephoras have a minimal selection of color correctors and they don't carry the range of colors.  I use yellow to cover my redness.  I use the Cover FX click stick.  I buy it direct; I don't know if Ulta carries it.

I put my color corrector on first, followed by concealer, then foundation.  I think it's personal preference.  My concealer has been discontinued or I would recommend it.  😥

@Emy10 tarte babassu foundcealer™ skincare foundation is a really interesting hybrid product you might be interested in! 

but to be real, I don’t think using concealer is going to be any faster than using actual liquid foundation. If you like the quickness of powder, there’s lots of great powder foundations that can provide more coverage like Wander Beauty Wanderlust Powder Foundation bareMinerals BAREPRO 16-HR Skin-Perfecting Powder Foundation or Lancôme DUAL FINISH – Multi-tasking Longwear Powder Foundation 

you might also want to check out Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

@Kim888  thank you for your suggestions 😁😁😁

I already tried Cicapair, and it didnt do much for me.

About the Baremineral Barepro, ill look into it, but it kinda scares me a bit because i read comments in the past about certain Baremineral powders, that were supposed to be matte, and it turned people super greasy.

I will also check the Wander Beauty one, it might be more my price than Lancôme 😊😊😊 (unless that Lancôme product might be a miracle... who knows).

I still wish to try to use a concealer as a foundation though, i feel it might be faster because i would dot the concealer and then apply it evenly with a stippling brush and finish with a tiny bit of powder. The wear might be better too compared to just powder. 

@Emy10 - I really like the wander beauty one and I also have dry skin (though it does have propensity for collapsing when you get toward the bottom of the powder). 

wayne Goss did a pretty cool video on concealer foundation with the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer a while back you might want to check out! I did try it out and I found it a bit more hassle than I wanted but you might enjoy checking that out if it’s the route you want to go! 

Yaaaasss @Kim888  lol, i watched that video a while back and i remember i was like wat? Lol

I watched it again like 2 times yesterday and i will use his technique,

But i dont think ill use that Nars concealer because a while back i bought a mini, and idk if i got a bad one, but it was baaaad lol

What do you guys think about the Elf concealer?? I wonder if it would hold good and beautifully.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing