Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Uneven skin tone around mustache area?

I have a blue/green skin tone around my mouth. Upper lip/mustache area and abound chin. People think I have a mustache because of the skin color difference! I have fair pale skin and my face gets red really easily and that's when my problem area is the worst. Is there any treatments to help????
Anonymous Insider

Re: Uneven skin tone around mustache area?

Anonymous Insider

I have the same problem and I hate it so much. I wax regularly, but it seems like when I sweat it gets worse. Let me know if you find out anything  about this, I’ve been struggling with this for almost a year. 

Try using a orange/ peach color corrector in that area. Then apply your normal makeup over it. It's made for the blue/green color under the eye that those with fair skin tones can have. Here is a link for Sephora's options for this. Honestly though, this is the type of product where there are great $5 options at the drug store since it's used in such a small area of the face. 

https://www.sephora.com/best-color-correcting-makeup

are you sure you're using a foundation with the correct undertones? i'm pale with olive undertones and also have a blue/green tint around my mouth, and my face is a lot redder than the rest of my body.  certain lip colors bring out the blue/green/gray tint around my mouth too even with foundation - anything pastel, with a white base, too cool, too purple, too peachy, too bright, etc. definitely makes the area around my mouth look discolored.

vitamin c serums (i like skinceuticals ce ferulic the best) and acid toners (like pixi glo tonic or biologique recherche p50) can help even out skin tone (and don't forget to use SPF).  

Anonymous Insider

Any dryness or itching?  

I have this but I do have dryness and itching - is there a reason you asked this? The dryness makes make up application and disguise even more difficult. The color correcting doesn't work and concealer/foundation clings to it because of the texture.

@Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

I'm not a doctor, but I play one at work. Lol j/k.

I do work at a dermatology clinic though and from my experience it sounds like you may have seborrheic dermititis. It's an overgrowth of yeast. Your doctor may prescribe a mild steroid cream, but not too strong, because that could cause other problems as well. Once the rash part (itching, flackines) gets better it may take a little longer for the discoloration to go away though. Hope this helps😊

@Anonymous Ah thank you for the reply! I looked up seborrheic dermititis and it looks nothing like that or rash like at all. It's not red at all (grey/blue) and it's not necessarily flaky it's just a drier texture that you only notice when I put make up on 😕 But I need make up to cover the color.... My derm hasn't been able to help me or diagnose so I was excited when you asked if it was itchy because it is!

I'll just tag @Megh8 she won't miss your answer 😉

Also, the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the post is that it could be melasma - it's common in the 'mustache' area because people forget to apply sunscreen there. But it really wouldn't cause any itching.

RE: Re: Uneven skin tone around mustache area?

Nope it's just normal skin but with a blue green tint but it's only around my mouth so it looks like I have 5 o'clock shadow 😂

You might want to try MUFE Ultra HD foundation. I have similar coloring around the sides of my eyes, and it works for me.

Are you a smoker?

Are you a smoker?

RE: Are you a smoker?

Nope

you can always try a lightening serum or night cream main...

you can always try a lightening serum or night cream mainly aroud the mouth area to even your skin tone. And make sure to use a non oxydizing foundation that will worsen the darker areas. I really like the urban decay naked skin ultra definition liquid foudation that don't oxydize.
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing