Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Total Complexion Product Newbie

Hi, I'm looking to start using completion products. Sorry this is going to be long, I want to minimize the money spent on trial and error (student life).

• I'm interested in low to medium coverage. Just something to even out my skin tone and for the days I'm a little more self-conscious of my atrophic scarring and redness. I also considered tinted moisturizer instead of foundation given that this was my purpose for it. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
  • I will head back to uni campus in the Fall after the student body is vaccinated. I am inside at a desk 90% of the day, and see few people. A fantastic 9-hour wear test is not my main goal.
  • I've got combo skin that runs oily, and I'm not the best at drinking enough water, so my skin can be dehydrated. (I'm working on it 😅.)
  • I do have a skincare routine. Cleanser, hydrating toner, targeted serum, moisturizer, SPF.
  • I'm willing to spend a little money off the bat, as I don't see myself wearing said products regularly and using the product up too quickly.
  • I've considered Rare Beauty or cushion compacts for foundation, and Milk Makeup's primer. I don't have my heart set on these, though, and am happy to hear any other recommendations or experiences with the products
  • If there's an SPF that doubles as a primer that you can recommend, please do! I've heard of Supergoop's Unseen Sunscreen, and people seem to like it? (I don't know anything else about it though.)

Here are some other things I'm considering:

• Beauty blender vs. foundation brush to blend (I already have a brush as a gift from someone, unopened and untried.)
  • How long it takes to put on my face in the morning. (Any extra sleep I can get is gold. ☺️)

Apologies for not tagging any products. The mobile is having a lot of trouble with this (for me anyway) at the moment. Any thoughts or comments you might have on any of these matters is valued. Thanks so much for your time.

Tags:

Re: Total Complexion Product Newbie

Hi @anneples ,

Asking a beauty advisor (via chat or in-person at a Sephora store) would be my first move if I were in your place. I find that the Sephora beauty advisors can give unique recommendations. 

This is such an in-depth review with detailed personal anecdotes, thank you! I'll need to read it again and reference it often. I'll stop by an in-person Sephora store when I can.

I would say all of those are great, except I haven't tried the rare beauty foundation. If you are looking for a light/medium coverage kind of skin tint, I would say the Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint would be the way to go; it has great coverage without caking up and looks super natural.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into it!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing