Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Tom Ford water proof foundation

Can’t tell what color I am based on names, typically I’m light to medium color,yellow or olive under tone. Anyone has used this? I’m looking for long wearing, water resistant dewy/radiant finish

Re: Tom Ford water proof foundation

Hi, @mkupartistJG. I haven't used that foundation, so I'm unable to give you any thoughts about the formula. However, I can suggest using Sephora's Color IQ to help find shade matches. 

Here's the link: https://www.sephora.com/color-iq

If you do not have a Color IQ number yet, don't worry. You can search the brand you currently wear (that's sold at Sephora), select your foundation formula & shade, and then click "match me." You'll then see a list of foundations that have the same Color IQ as the one you already use. You also have the option to adjust the shade (lighter or darker) and/or filter the results further.

Findation DOT com and Temptalia's Foundation Matrix are two other sites that work in a similar fashion. These are also good places to go if a particular match isn't listed in the Color IQ system or if you wear a foundation that isn't sold at Sephora.

I'd highly recommend swatching foundation shades in-store (either at a Sephora or a department store). That would honestly be the best way to find a match. After all, these online shade finder sites are not perfect.

I hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing