Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Textured skin, Acne scarring.

Newbie here!..to the site that is... But Makeup has been a thing for me since I can remember. 

I have a long history of Cystic acne, and as a picker, (😫😵)...it has left some awful ice pick, boxcar and rolling scars with minimal active breakouts.

I have been layering on makeup for years always trying the latest.. Mix and match.. On my own. Always to self conscious to walk into the Makeup store and even discuss my skin issues. Iam fed up with the guessing.. And what will work. 

20190408_215507~2.jpg

Any recommendations as far as foundation, concealers, setting powder, primer combos that you love for your textured skin? I have attached a close up of my most worse, deep scars.

I know prevention is key.. And I am open to all suggestions for skin care products anf make up. I have had a TCA peel years ago with minimal improvement. Lookming into Dermarolling now but in the short term... Any and all suggestions for full coverage makeup, and or products.?!?!?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Textured skin, Acne scarring.

I would speak to a dermatologist first about what can be done professionally to reduce the scarring. Ask them about Fractionated Laser Skin Resurfacing treatments.

I don't know any foundation that won't settle into the scars but there are some amazing products to keep your skin looking as nice as possible and reducing acne. I highly recommend hyaluronic acid and retinol products. Brands like SkinCeuticals are awesome. Try the CE Ferulic serum, it's pretty expensive but lots of people with problem skin swear by it. Alternatively, Cosmetic Skincare has inexpensive yet very good products like their Hyaluronic acid serum that has helped reduce my hormonal breakouts and helps make them go away faster when they do happen. I don't think products like these will help with your deep scars though. I really think that's one for the dermatologist.

hi Angel thank you for your reply. Sorry I didn't respond...

hi Angel thank you for your reply. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Yes I have looked into the fractional laser as well as micro-needling combined with laser. I appreciate all your recommendations. Yes and unfortunately the dermatologist is going to only be the way to go to get a real significant Improvement, especially in the deeper scars. But I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question

Re: Textured skin, Acne scarring.

@Crystal1983 IDK about a full coverage foundation- not my thang- but milk makeup blur stick has been my absolute go to for helping with filling in the textured areas of my skin even without any makeup over. Tatcha's silk canvas also has great review but it's out of my price range/impractical as someone who doesn't wear much makeup.

For setting powder I've liked Laura mercier's translucent setting powder and Hourglass's dim light, but I would opt to try in store since while I love the natural finish on this the (very slight, but still) shimmer of this might work against you if there's a lot of texture not resolved by the primer. You may also want to post this in a makeup thread or the customer service page for more recommendations!

thanks for the information about the milk blur stick. I a...

thanks for the information about the milk blur stick. I actually was looking into that and was reading the reviews. But I guess you're right anything that blurring or pore filling would definitely help. I've been on the hunt for a good primer as well. There's so many out there. But so far I've loved the Becca mattifying primer and Urban Decay as well as Tarte ... it's just finding that right combination foundation and primer to get you the best look you can. Recently I just purchased the Clinique hydroblur moisturizer. It's a daily moisturizer but also with the blurring effect. But I tried it in the store and I was amazed so I'm thinking I'll get a little bit more soothing effect if I liar the moisturizer and the primer. nothing's going to be perfect and even surgical interventions won't be able to alleviate scarring 100%. I feel like I have the right expectations but just impatient in trying out multiple things. I appreciate your help and I will post this in the makeup as well thank you!
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 20190408_215507~2.jpg
testing