Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer - Ulta only?

I read that this is only at Ulta, which is fine, I can get it there. But, does it really work? I have tried Kat von d and clinique concealer for my dark circles as well as many many drug store brands.. nothing seems to work....

Re: Tarte Shape Tape Concealer - Ulta only?

@Moonbow and others - Got the mail about it and was coming to post :-). Not to hijack the thread but how do I find which shade would I need for this concealer?  My skin tome is medium/ medium-tan (Stramboli in Nars, 5 in Urban Decay, 3W1 Dusk in Laur Mercier Flawless Fusion).

Would medium be a good shade?

RE: Tarte Shape Tape Concealer - Ulta only?

Shape tape is on sale today until 3am at tarte.com, 25% off with code tartebff!

Of course you can also get it at tarte.com.i love it.

I love it. I color correct underneath it and it still doesn’t get cakey. I only have to use the tiniest amount too. I use 2 shades and have had them both for a year. I have to purchase new ones only because they’re getting old. I still have a lot of product left!

Its my holy grail, I have been using nothing but for a year now.  I'm still on the same two tubes I bought, there is so much product and a little goes a long way.  I havn't had anything cover my dark circles as well as this but mine are not that pronounced.  Its worth a try for sure if you are looking for full coverage this is probably the best you will find thats not too thick and cakey.

It's my favorite concealer, but that's because it comes in very pale skin tones and generally it's hard to find good concealers that do. It is not completely crease proof: I find that it dries a bit after 8-10 hours. It's just very pigmented. Still better than basically every other concealer I've ever tried though.

@LPgls Yes the shape tape is an ulta exclusive. Its if course a matter of personal opinion and experience whether you will like it - I have it and while I do think it provides good coverage I also think it's a bit over hyped. So many claims on youtube say its crease proof and such - not sure what they are doing but it is most definitely not crease proof in my experience. Ultimately I think I prefer the nars radiant creamy concealer - the coverage isn't quite as good as the shape tape but I find it easier to blend out on the delicate skin on my under eyes. 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing