Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Suggestions: best face primers to wear on their own?

Hello,

I'm new here and looking for advice.

I don't wear foundation and am looking for face primers that would help my concealing work look more natural, espcially in summer. Wouldn't hurt if the primers also did a bit a blurring.

My skin type is normal-to-oily. I'm currently using The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer which works fine, but looking for something better.

Thank you!

Tags:

RE: Suggestions: best face primers to wear on their own?

A bit expensive but the Tatcha primer and Perricone M.D. no makeup blur compact are my favs. They cost more because of the blurring but you don’t need much so in terms of amount they’re better than having to buy nice foundation or tinted moisturizer. The tatcha one feels more indulgent. I like the perricone compact bc you can apply more to acne or areas that need concealing quickly and throughout the day. I have sensitive acne prone skin and both improve redness, clear pores, etc.

RE: Suggestions: best face primers to wear on their own?

@irisium Cane+Austin Prime+Protect hands down! It has a slight tint to it, blurs and has SPF 50! I use it alone all the time to keep the shine from my skincare down when I wear no makeup. That and Hourglass Mineral Veil are my Holy Grails!

Re: RE: Suggestions: best face primers to wear on their own?

I second this!

Re: Suggestions: best face primers to wear on their own?

My favorites are the smashbox pro minimizing primer, the new(er) origins foaming one (pink can) and the makeup forever step 1 (skin equalizer). They all kind of just even my skin out a bit. What concealers are you using? I also find I have to use different concealers when I do wear foundation vs when I do. With foundation, I use a slightly lighter concealer shade to brighten, but that doesn't work too well without foundation because its much harder to blend. Also, more full coverage concealers will be harder to make look natural. My favorites without foundations are NARS soft matte and bareminerals serum concealer. I have a friend who swears by the Becca Aqua Luminous as well, but I personally haven't tried it.

Depends on the days. I use Clarins instant light concealer (perfector) when my skin is cooperating and NARS soft matte concealer when I need to do more work. 

Will definitely look into the Oringin one. It’s slightly tinted, do you think it would work ok with a cool-ish underdone? I’m worried it’s may be too yellow. Thank you! 

Hi @irisium,

I have combination/oily skin and I love the Peter Thomas Roth Skin to Die For™ No- Filter Mattifying Primer & Complexion Perfector. This primer definitely fills and blurs pores and it looks great on by itself. You can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/skin-to-die-for-tm-no-filter-mattifying-primer-complexion-perfector-.... 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing