Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Skin care

Hi, so im a teen girl, and i need help finding what to use with oily skin. I have ALOT of acne. Please help!

Re: Skin care

Do you have a current skincare routine or are you starting from scratch, @sushiiii15? You won't want to start incorporating acne fighters until you have a basic routine down so that you don't irritate your skin and further compound your skin issues. 

Re: Skin care

Hi @sushiiii15!

Are you looking for skincare or makeup products?

hi! I need skincare, no makeup.

hi! I need skincare, no makeup.

Re: hi! I need skincare, no makeup.

@sushiiii15

Since you're still in your teens, I recommend using gentler products.  Most teen acne will fade and disappear overtime on its own.

Some other things you can do to help clear acne can be drinking lots of water, exercising and washing your face after, eating healthy, and getting enough sleep.

A basic skincare routine would be toner, acne treatment, serum, moisturizer and sunscreen during the day.

These are the products I use (or have used) and work well for me.  They might not work well for you so make sure to read the descriptions and reviews before buying them!

For toner, I use OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL to control my oils.  Some people find it too drying and I did too in the beginning, but it really works well now.

For acne, products with retinol or salicylic acid works well, but they should never be used at the same time.  I use Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Acne Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL twice a day but when I break out, I switch it out for a dermatologist prescribed retinol treatment.

For serum, try using a hydrating one.  Since oily skin is really just dehydrated skin, you need to make sure your skin is getting hydration (drinking water helps!).  One reason for oily skin is that you're not hydrating enough and that causes your skin to produce more oils to compensate.  A good hydrating serum is innisfree Green Tea Seed Intensive Hydrating Serum 2.70 oz/ 80 mL and The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL.

For moisturizer, I recommend a gel or lightweight one that's oil-free/ non-comedogenic so it doesn't clog pores.  My favorite is Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL.  Hyaluronic acid helps hydrate skin.

Sunscreen is an absolute must!  Some people will get hyperpigmentation from acne, which leaves them with red marks on their face.  To prevent that, make sure you're using sunscreen everyday.  A popular one is Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL.  It works well on its own or under makeup.  It not only protects against UV rays, but also harmful blue lights that come from computer and phone screens!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing