Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Skin care ingredients or products that can help me. Suggestions please

I am 29 and I already have lines under my eyes. I also have large pores especially on my cheeks and I do get acne as well. I currently use:

1. Paula's Choice Resist Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser and I use pure grapeseed oil to remove makeup
  2. COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
  3. Belif Aqua Bomb cream and Hungarian Water essence
  4. Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
  5. Paula's Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
  6. Paula's Choice SKIN RECOVERY Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol
  7. Paula's Choice RESIST Daily Smoothing Treatment with 5% AHA
  8. CLINIQUE Acne Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment Oil-Free 
  9. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
  10. Belif eye creams
  11. Cerave eye moisturizer
  12. Olay regenerist eye lifting serum

1. I have used Drunk Elephant C-Firma Vitamin C serum which finished a few weeks ago. I never noticed any visible changes for me and will not repurchase.

These are all the products I use in skincare routine (not all on the same day but in rotation). I feel like despite changing from drugstore products generally in my routine over a year ago I am not seeing any real changes. What products/ ingredients do you think I can benefit from? I have PIGMENTATION around my eyes NOT dark circles so dark circle products can't work. My eye lids seem to be sagging. I am just frustrated. I also have a very hard time with all the acne dark marks on my face which don't ever seem to go away. Please help. I have used Korean brands such as Missha before with the First Treatment Toner, Essence and Ampoule but I saw no difference. 

RE: Skin care ingredients or products that can help me. Suggestions please

Invest in a good eye cream or anti-aging moisturizer. I know that the new IT cosmetics secret sauce has made some people get rid of wrinkles.

Re: Skin care ingredients or products that can help me. Suggestions please

Hi @ShivaniM! First, I think you have lovely skin!

1. Pigmentation around your eyes: would you consider a retinol serum or retinol cream meant for eyes? Dr. Dennis Gross has both. I have started using the serum under my regular eye cream (Farmacy). It's only been about a week, so this isn't a true recommendation so much as something to consider. 

2. Are your acne/breakout areas mainly on the lower part of your face? If so, it is likely hormonal or diet-related. Going dairy-free, even just for the end of your cycle, may help. 

3. The dark marks are so frustrating! Vitamin C might be something to try, or a stronger acid peel. I'm a huge fan of DDG Retinol + Ferulic peel pads, and the DDG Alpha Beta Peel Pads are well-loved.

I think @fairlywell had great suggestions! How is your exfoliation? Also, if you're not seeing benefit from the products you are using, slowly switch them. (as you finish them- no need to waste) Maybe some of them just aren't for you. For pigmentation, acne and anti aging, you should look at ingredients with Vit C (helps pigmentation), Salicylic Acid (helps with acne) and retinol  (helps with anti aging.) Shiseido has a great eye mask that has retinol in it. I use them about once a week along with an eye cream that also has Retinol nightly. Vit C is another great ingredient, but you don't see instant results. I like the Ordinary's Vit C + Hylauronic Acid (another good Anti Aging ingredient- but this product specifically shouldn't be used around the eyes). 

Thank you 🙂

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing