Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Newbie looking for quality foundation

So I've been that girl who knows nothing about makeup and would get drug store basics just to even out my skin tone & maybe an instructional eye pallet lol. I got my makeup done for a wedding and she used tarte shape tape concealer on my whole face. Do people do that? What's the difference between that and foundation? What I have now is cover girl olay 3 in 1 classic ivory but it's a little too light. Any suggestions for a foundation tarte or otherwise for combo skin? Light with red and maybe neutral undertones? 

Re: Newbie looking for quality foundation

Maybe she didn't have a foundation that matched your shade so she just used concealer all over? You could do that, but it'd be a waste of product imo. 

If you like full coverage Este Lauder Double Wear is shockingly amazing. They have a lot of shades, it stays forever on your face and covers all the things. I went with neutral, but I tried the warm as well and it was extremely pretty...unfortunately I'm just too pale and neutral was best. 

I'm currently in the market for something that's barely there, spf friendly. I find the best way to look at foundations if you can't go into the store is to Youtube it. Just type in what kind of coverage you're looking for and "best, long lasting, smooth", basically whichever adjective you want. Then find a youtuber that matches your skin tone, or if they show multiple shades that should work too. 

I like Smashbox Studio Skin for concealer, but I haven't tried shape tape. I don't remember which shade I chose, but you want to pick one to two shades lighter than your skintone. I have horrid dark circles though, so I am trying to find something with a bit more yellow to correct them. 

I hope someone who's tried more will respond. Good luck!

Re: Newbie looking for quality foundation

@LOLOBBY  Sephora has a system of quizzes to help you discover which products are right for you.  https://www.sephora.com/beauty/best-foundations?icid2=homepage_slideshow_color_program_foundation092...

One foundation that I can personally recommend are: #Urban Decay Stay Naked Weightless Foundation.

As far as the Tarte brand goes, this one is really popular and is supposed to help reduce pores, inflammation, and last a long time tarte SEA Hydroflex™ Serum Foundation .

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing