Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Need Foundation Suggestions for Insanely Dry Skin

I have very dry skin, but also live in a dry and very cold climate. I had been using Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation, but now that's too drying for the mid-winter tundra in which I exist. I did try adding some squalane oil to it, but since it's a silicon-based foundation, it made my whole face very slippery and adding setting powder made the foundation breakup after an hour. I tried IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream, which I initially liked but then it began causing cystic acne, and also the Smashbox Studio Skin 15-Hour Hydrating Foundation, which was better than the Ultra HD, but did not come in my very fair, neutral-yellow skin tone. I tried the Too Faced 3-in-1 Hangover Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray over the Ultra HD, too, but it caused the foundation to crack mid-day. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting a little desperate.

p.s. -- I also have a very hydrating skincare routine. Gentle cleanser, exfoliant, anti-aging moisturizer and eye cream, and an oil to lock the whole thing in.

Tags:

RE: Need Foundation Suggestions for Insanely Dry Skin

What about Nars? I use the Ultra too (bought in the summer) but started using Nars Sheer glow recently and love it. I get bad dry patches in the winter with the cold, wind and dry air
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing