Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Makeup tools

I was wonder what other peoples favorite tool to apply make up is?

RE: Makeup tools

I always use a beauty blender. Since I have dry cheeks, when I swirl foundation around with a brush it just makes them look flakey.

Re: Makeup tools

For matte foundation - Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Brush has been my favorite for years.

For all other foundation - Clarisonic Foundation Brush is the quickest method for the perfectly blended application.

I still don't have a favorite tool for applying concealer. If I had to pick a tool it would be a beautyblender but since I don't use a BB for foundation anymore, it's inconvenient to use one solely for one purpose.

Definitely a sponge of some sort. I usually start about by putting foundation down on my face with a flat brush, and then blending it in with a wet sponge (I’m a fan of the Sephora brand sponges.) Although, it depends on the amount of coverage I want if I will use the brush or not.

Beauty blender is my usual go to. Have been trying out the new Fenty blender. It is softer than the original beauty blender however when used wet requires more product as it gives a very natural finish ( expected from the directions )

@khillon, my favorite way to apply liquid foundation is w...

@khillon, my favorite way to apply liquid foundation is with a beauty blender; powder foundation with Sephora Pro #61; and in the picture below are as the brushes I brought with me and have been using exclusively for the past month. Wayne Goss's #02, 03, and 04 for blending eyeshadows; Chikuhodo's flat shader for packing on eyeshadow color, Sephora Pro #20 for eyebrows, Wayne Goss Air brush for blush and bronzer, and Chikuhodo powder brush for setting powder.

Re: Makeup tools

Hi @khillon!

For foundation, I actually like using my fingers.  I find that I get a very natural finish but I'm not applying it to get full coverage, only light/medium coverage.  The foundations I use and apply with my fingers are MAC's Studio Fix Fluid and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light.  When I use IT's Cosmetics CC cream I use a dense flat kabuki type brush.  For cream blushes and highlighters, I also like to use my fingers.   For powder highlighter I really like using Real Technique's Setting Brush.  For concealer, I love using sephora's mini sponges (moistened).  Are you looking for a new tool to apply a particular makeup product?

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
testing