cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Makeup for Redheads

Hi guys,

So I'm 17 years old and I've recently become more interested in makeup, but the only problem is that I'm a natural redhead with extremely pale skin and I'm finding it quite difficult to find products that help extenuate my natural colouring and features.

In particular, I don't really wear any foundation, but I'm a big fan of concealer. It's so hard so for me to find a concealer that is light enough and full-coverage for my skin tone... any suggestions?

As well, it almost impossible to find any sort of bronzer or contour that doesn't look orange or just wayyy too dark for my skin tone. I prefer cream products because it's easier to blend it out so it can somewhat fit my skin tone. Any suggestions for cream bronzer or contour for the pale people out there?   

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the help!

Re: Makeup for Redheads

Honestly, I do the same thing. I find just concealer is way better. I have the same issue with finding light enough onse.

Before I started going to Sephora though I did find a @rimmel London Multitasker Concealer in Porcelain (which I believe is their lightest shade. It does the trick! I apply is very minimally and with a damp Beaty blender (usually with a bit of primer) and im good to go! 

@Jenaprodan I have the same issues with finding light enough foundations.  I have very fair almost translucent peachy pink undertoned skin.  What I found is investing in a white foundation and a pink primer to mix into any other foundation is super helpful cause most lines don’t go light enough for me.  Then the world is my oyster and I can customize any foundation to my skintone. 

I’m willing to bet your skin is cool toned (as most redheads are) and that Cover-girl Skin Milk in porcelain would work well for you as it has just the right amount of pink.  Another great choice is Sephora SClean in 1.  It leans a little more yellow so I tend to sheer it out and finish with white finishing powder. 

8DD72606-DBCF-4806-B38F-115D447CA96F.jpeg

See how cover-girl matches me best as it’s more peachy pink (cool toned)  but I can still pull the others off if I add a couple drops of white foundation or finishing powder.  I use them as they are when I want to look ‘tanned’ 😝

Thank you so much! This really helped.

@Jenaprodan   My pleasure!.  (Don’t actually use the yellow to look tanned).  Golden tans aren’t the most flattering for us. A red toned bronzer swiped across your upper cheeks and the bridge of your nose is more natural if you get the inclination to wear a sunkissed look;) 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • 8DD72606-DBCF-4806-B38F-115D447CA96F.jpeg
testing