Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Looking for new primer + foundation combo

Hi! I'm looking for a new primer + foundation combo. For 3 or 4 years, I've been using the Maybelline Fit Me foundations and concealers. They work OK for me, but I've never been able to find a primer that works with them to help hydrate/smooth out my skin. I'm considering just buying a new primer and foundation all together. I have fairly normal skin - not dry or oily - but it is acne-prone, and some foundations break me out (like the Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation, for example). I love medium-full coverage liquid foundations, but I don't like anything that's too matte because dry finishes emphasize my texture. I also need it to last a fairly long time because I'm a college student with two jobs. I'm busy! Lol drugstore and high-end suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Looking for new primer + foundation combo

My "never-fail" combo is the MAC Prep+Prime Base in Natural Radiance and the No7. Lift and Luminate foundation in the lightest shade Calico! I have combo/dehydrated skin and that combo has never failed me! The primer is absolutely amazing and is very hydrating without making the skin greasy or oily. It is more expensive, but a little goes a very long way. And the foundation, I kid you not, is the ONLY foundation that I have found that works on my skin! It is more medium coverage, but I have built it up to full coverage and it looks as if you're wearing nothing! It luminous/natural, but not too dewy, and lasts all day. And it's not very expensive, and you can find it at Target so that's a bonus! It's honestly a miracle in a bottle! Good luck with your search!

Re: Looking for new primer + foundation combo

hello! i think too faced hangover rx primer will do you justice!! It has a moisturizer type of consistency and really hydrates your face!! Of course this primer works very well for the born this way foundation!! AMAZING! it will cover what you want to be covered but still making it look like your skin! It gives that great effect of having makeup on but NOT looking cakey!! 11/10 i recommend!! hope this helps love ❤️

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing