Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Looking for an exfoliate! Help please 🙂

So I’m all about skincare as I don’t wear much makeup! I’d love options on what exfoliation would be best! Thanks ladies! Ps. I meant exfoliant! But I have no idea on how to edit the title Hahahha

RE: Looking for an exfoliate! Help please 🙂

Dermalogica daily microfoliant! I can’t overstate my love for this. I first used it when I was in esthetician school and it was in my kit. This is a rice enzyme powder. You shake a little bit into your hands, add a little water, lather it in your hands until all the beady texture is gone. Apply to a slightly damp face and lather for 1-2 minutes. It’s gentle enough to use every night even on sensitive skin but I recommend every other night. My skin is sooo soft after using this. Alternatively, you can later it in your hands until the beads are halfway gone and leave it on as a mask for a few minutes. Try it, you will love it!

Re: RE: Looking for an exfoliate! Help please 🙂

I love the Microfoliant as a daily exfoliator. I prefer using it in the shower. <333

Re: RE: Looking for an exfoliate! Help please 🙂

Hi @betabeti,

I agree with @jamiiief. I love that exfoliant. It is so gentle and leaves my skin so soft. 

Best,

Rebecca

Re: Looking for an exfoliate! Help please 🙂

@betabeti  What’s your skin type (dry, normal, oily, or combo)? Is your skin sensitive, and/or is there any ingredient you know irritates your skin?

I saw further down this thread where you said you’re not acne prone and just want something to keep your skin radiant. An AHA exfoliant can do that, especially if you have dry to normal or mostly-dry combo skin. The AHAs most folks probably know are glycolic (the strongest one) and lactic acid. You’ll find one or both of them in several exfoliation products. I use is FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA because it contains enough soothing ingredients that my finicky skin doesn’t get irritated by this product’s combo of 4 AHAs (glycolic, lactic, tartaric, and malic). I use it 3-4 nights a week. But I started with just one night a week, then gradually increased usage as my skin got used to it. Before I started using that exfoliant, I used FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads as a very gentle way to introduce AHA to my skin. 

BHA is the exfoliant that helps with acne, in addition to clearing dead skin cells from the surface and boosting skin brightness. (BHA is salicylic acid.) It’s especially good for folks with oily skin because it’s oil soluble, and it can get down into your pores (deeper than AHAs can) to clear out gunk. I also use this kind of exfoliant a few times a week. I’m currently working through a bottle of Paula’s Choice CLEAR Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution. I don’t frequently layer my AHA and BHA atop each other, but once in a while I’ll do it. I do layer one of them with my retinol serum once or twice a week. 

RE: Re: Looking for an exfoliate! Help please 🙂

Wow! Thank you so much. I have another question for you - have you done microdermabrasion? What are your thoughts? I had it done yesterday as it was recommended to me by the aesthetician, but I now have a few “scratches” on my face. Do you know about this? Anything you’d recommend to help healing. Is it normal?

Re: RE: Re: Looking for an exfoliate! Help please 🙂

@betabeti  Sorry for the delay, I didn’t see your response until now. I know very little about microdermabrasion. I’ve never had it done. I’m sure other BIC members have, though; maybe someone else can chime in. 🙂 Meanwhile, if you haven’t asked your aesthetician about your skin’s condition after having this done and how to treat it, that’d be my first step. They should definitely be able to help you. 

Oh hey, quick tip about BIC posting: if you “@“ tag someone when you reply to them, they’ll get a notification in BIC (a red dot next to the bell icon). That’s how I know when folks reply to me. 🙂 It’s also why I usually tag folks when I reply to them. 

@betabeti I like the tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mLIt's pretty intense though so you might want to dilute it with a regular toner if you're new to chemical exfoliants. I also like the FARMACY - HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids.They both work really well.

Depends if you want a chemical or a physical exfoliator! I prefer chemical exfoliators because they are less harsh on the skin. Glycolic acid is great for exfoliating and getting rid of little bumps, scaring, and discolouration. The little beads that are usually found in physical exfoliators are too rough on my skin. I just finished the Drunk Elephant Glycolic Night Serum and I really liked it, but it is very expensive. I've read so many positive reviews on the Farmacy Glycolic Serum, which is the one I think I'm going to try next. I just purchased the First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads to try because it has both glycolic and lactic acids. I usually use my serums 3-4 times a week, or if I notice my texture getting bad. Exfoliating is great to get all the dead skin cells off, making your skin super soft the next day. Hope this helps!!

RE: Re: Looking for an exfoliate! Help please 🙂

Thank you! I’m looking to just brighten my skin and keep it radiant! I have combination skin with no acne - but a lot of the chemical exfoliators I’m reading reviews about show that it helps get rid of acne. I just want something that can keep my skin normal!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing