Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Complexion Club
|

I need help with finding the right foundation ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I am definitely not on the cool side. My skin is so weird, I was a W3 in Loreal, but recently in my close up pics, my foundation looks ashy and light compared to my yellowish neck. I've been searching and reading up on how to determine your undertone and if you have pink, red, yellow, golden or olive hint in it, but it's confusing me darn right out! Just when I think I have figured my skin undertone out, I purchase foundation and find myself looking ghostly all over again. I think I am warm undertone with a hint of golden and olive. Please can anyone help me? I even tried that blue/green vein test. All I see around my wrists are green and purple veins. What the heck ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Re: I need help with finding the right foundation ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I would go into a Sephora location and get swatched. I have extremely light skin and have to use one of the lightest that KVD has to offer. Her shades are so versatile, I'm sure you'll find something that works for you. Otherwise, Fenty Beauty also has a great variety as well. I used to swear by Maybelline but my match was never right and I always had the awful line around my face. No complaints since ๐Ÿ™‚

RE: I need help with finding the right foundation ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Is it just in pictures? If so there is a โ€œphenomenonโ€ called flashback seen in foundations that have spf. The idea is that SPF containing foundations (primers and moisturizers too) reflect light back at the camera. This can cause ashiness or a whiteish appearance. If this isnโ€™t the case Iโ€™d suggest matching foundations in natural light. Bring a hand mirror or compact with you to the store and walk outside to see how it matches. Sephora will give you samples so you can wear it for a day if you want to see how the color wears on you long term. Iโ€™ll also say light olive is a difficult skin tone to match well, sometimes you need to mix colors to get a really good match.

RE: I need help with finding the right foundation ๐Ÿ˜ญ

If you live close to a sephora, go in and have your color IQ done. Then youโ€™ll be able to know exactly what brands have your exact color match. I think that would benefit you greatly!
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing