Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Huda Beauty Foundation Cheat Sheet!!!

Hi beauties! I get asked all time how to find your shade in Huda Beauty, especially since she is online and only available at flagship Sephoras. First things first, to help find your shade, I am going to recommend that you order two shades.  Whatever shade doesn't match, return it to a Sephora or sell it to a friend.  Honestly, I did this and I am so glad I did because I ordered shade 110 and 200 and turns out 200 was my match and 110 was my girlfriends and I sold it to her for $35.  Next know your color IQ number!!! If you are unaware of your number, go to a Sephora, have them color match you with the machine, and they can email your code.  This code matches to all the foundations and concealers associated with this code!  If you do not live near a Sephora or don't know your code, you have to do some research. The code is made up of a number, letter, then another number.  So mine for instance is 1Y05.  So I am 1% yellow undertones and shade 5. You can go from 1-5 in undertones, look at Y or R, and the search 1-15 in shades. Ex., 2R07, 4Y13.  If you have a foundation you think is your perfect match, keep entering it different codes and take down the undertones to find your foundation color you currently wear by whatever brand you use.

Once you find that code, that is now your code.  Like I said, you can search  for your foundation or concealer color with it, and if the Huda foundation doesn't pull up on your search, I recommend going down in the undertone, or down by one in the shade and maybe up one in the undertone.

To make it easier, I snapped some pictures of Sephoras listing and how they classify their Huda foundations.  Find your closest two, and order them.

I did hear a rumor she will officially be in stores by September, but again its just a rumor, do want you want with that.

For a color reference, I wear Fenty in 150, Ultra HD in R230, NARS soft matte concealer in Vanilla (to match on no foundation days, not highlight), NARS Radiant Longwear in Gobi/MontBlanc, Double Wear in Ivory Nude, Hourglass Stick in Alabaster, KVD 44 Cool, and Covergirl Healthy Elixir in Ivory.  Now my shades aren't an exact 1Y05 for me, but they definitely are the closest or exact match for me.  

Please feel free to ask any questions, I hope I explained this well.  Also, please don't ask for help on finding your code by searching for your foundation color on the Sephora website.  I did that once and I was overwhelmed by responses.  I gave you the tools and I promise you can figure it out!  Also, for my Rouge stars, call the 24/7 customer service, tell them your shade in whatever foundation, and they can tell you your code.  

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

Re: Huda Beauty Foundation Cheat Sheet!!!

Also, this is what was on the Sephora iPad in store, although I noticed some of the shades are missing...2 to be exact. Chai 210B and Chocolate Truffle 540G.  Just a heads up if you can't find your known code, still try searching!!! Thanks!

Re: Huda Beauty Foundation Cheat Sheet!!!

Thank you for posting this. Very helpful to me 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos3
  • IMG_0842.JPG
  • IMG_0843.JPG
  • IMG_0844.JPG
testing