Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

How to make foundation look fresh again?

My foundation looks so good in the morning but by mid afternoon, it could use a pick-me-up. I use Hourglass Mineral Veil primer and either NARS Pure Radiant TM, Lancome Teint Idole 24 or Armani Luminous Silk (depending on my mood) and set with the RMS Un-tinted powder...but lately, it's looking a bit bleh in the afternoon and I notice the texture of my skin. I recently started adding either jojoba oil or Josie Maran Light argan oil but haven't really noticed much of a difference.

I have the Herbivore Rose Hibiscus mist, some blotting papers and powder foundation (which I rarely use to touch-up).

• Are there any suggestions to refresh my skin (without having to "bake")?
  • Is it worth investing in the Beauty Blender Blotteratzzi?
  • Should I get a different mist?
  • Also, my blush tends to oxidize 😞 I've used Tarte, Lancome, Clinique and Bobbi Brown)

The last thing I want to do is add more to my face... I have combination skin and my nose looks kinda shiny in the afternoon.

Thanks!!

Re: How to make foundation look fresh again?

Try blotting with a normal beauty blender after misting. I find that's enough moisture to refresh the product that's already on my face without having to redo the whole foundation process. Works really well if I need to touch up places where I'm covering up spots. 

Make sure the foundation is perfect for for your skin type! And use a great primer. Try out different types of face primer before you commited to one. But if that still doesn't work.. use setting spray when you apply foundation on (when you are blending) and after you finished your look to lock everything in place. What I use to set and refresh my face and my fondation is rose water. The particular one I am using is the Mario Badescu rose water because it has less ingredients (chemical). It wakes up my skin when I feel a little dehydrated. I got this technique from Korean beauty trend when I was watching a Korean drama. Surpirsingly it's wonderful to have a small traveling size rose water in my bag. But if you're not a fan of rose water, other setting spray will also work! 

Anonymous Insider

RE: How to make foundation look fresh again?

Caudalie beauty elixir. It's an amazing refresher spray and adds a slight glow to skin

RE: How to make foundation look fresh again?

Is this a vegan product, do you know?

The blotterazzi is just a glorified flat sponge. For me, it's actually less effective than just regular old blotting papers. Hard pass for sure.

What works for me is a quick mist, let it dry, then lightly, very very lightly, powder over my nose and cheeks with a fluffy brush (the parts where I get a little shiny basically). Use a light hand and soft brush so you're not really adding on too much, but just sort of buffing out the surface. I do this with both powder foundation and finishing powders, just sort of depends what I've got handy.

Maybe try the Tatcha dewy skin mist (or NYX dewy spray is a great dupe) in the middle of the day to add that freshness to your face makeup? Also in terms of blushes oxidizing, have you tried cream blushes (like glossier cloud paints, which I've heard amazing things about) instead of powder? I found that cream blushes tend to stay the same color throughout the day and don't oxidize as much on me.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing