Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Honestly, I just need some help choosing the right products

I love Sephora and have had great luck choosing shadows and lipsticks and things I am comfortable choosing myself. 

I now want to improve and choose better products for my skin in terms of foundation and concealer but there are so many and I am not sure how to choose when I don’t have a store near me and buy online. 

I am fair skinned and looking for lightweight products that keep skin moisturized and glowing and not matte (at all haha).  Also not needing a lot of coverage but enough for work. 

No idea how to choose with some many options. Are there any sites or boards anyone knows about to help me narrow it down?

thanks!!!!!

Re: Honestly, I just need some help choosing the right products

Hi, @HappiestKris !  I can get you started; but you're right, there's a lot to choose from!  From what you listed, you might want to start by looking at tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and/or foundations with sheer coverage.  Within those categories, you'll want to look for finishes that are natural, satin, luminous, radiant, or dewy.  To pick a color, you will need to know your undertone:  pink, yellow, or neutral (a balance of pink and yellow).  If you've tried foundation before, a good website is findation(dot)com.  You can also google swatches to see the colors swatched by real people.  This is more helpful to me than the "perfect" swarches provided by the companies.

Re: Honestly, I just need some help choosing the right products

Awe thanks so much! As it turns out I am able to get to another city this weekend that has a Sephora so I am going to take your wonderful advice with me and ask someone in the store to help me. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing