Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Hi! I found the perfect foundation colour for my skin's undertone! What other cosmetic brand lines carry the same type of colour? :)

Hi everyone! I hope you are all feeling well! 🙂

So..I just wanted to share that I recently found the perfect foundation for my skin's shade and undertone (from Sephora! yay!) and I am just over the moon about it! 🙂

The foundation I am currently using and loving is Armani Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Foundation in shade number 5.1, which has a pink undertone. I'm not sure where it falls on the Color IQ chart because I matched it to my face myself without using my color IQ number, but I think it's more of a pink-warm yellow balance..I would guess it's maybe 1R something or maybe 2R something. I might be wrong. In any case..it's definitely the perfect colour match for me! 🙂 (The first time I had color IQ done in store my match was 1R06 I think anyway..I think it's probably not far off of that.) I am 100 percent happy with my makeup, and I definitely love using this foundation!

Just out of curiosity though, my question is: if I suit Armani Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Foundation in shade number 5.1, what other makeup brand's lines carry foundation, concealer or powders in the same type of shade and undertone? 

Also..this is kind of a different question altogether, but also: what blushes, bronzers or lipstick colours have an undertone that works well with that foundation? (the Armani one in shade 5.1.) Thanks so much for your help guys! Have a great day! 🙂

Re: Hi! I found the perfect foundation colour for my skin's undertone! What other cosmetic brand lines carry the same type of colour? :)

@LadyDragonfire  Have you tried putting this foundation into findation dot com?  They'll be able to give you some ideas on colour dupes. 

Re: Hi! I found the perfect foundation colour for my skin's undertone! What other cosmetic brand lines carry the same type of colour? :)

Oh my gosh!  😄  Thank you so much! I did not know that! 😄

@LadyDragonfireI don't know much about sephora's color matching scheme, but the "R" in the code means red/ pink undertone, also called a cool undertone. Mine is Y/ Yellow/ warm undertone. There's a super handy tool under the shade icons, it's just clickable text that says "Find your shade" that you can use to match to other brand's color matches- it's not always 100% though since it obviously can't account for how something wears and oxidizes so still check out reviews! As far as blushes go, generally anything more neutral pink to mauve-y should look great on you! More orangy or purple shades can be fun and dramatic but all blend well over pink so they should all look good over/ blended with your natural skin undertone. Tarte has great blush palettes so you can experiment with different shades around the holidays.

Bronzer is more to your preference. Personally I find I look best/ most natural with bronzers that lean more red like ILIA NightLite Bronzer Powder Uptown, or the Kosas The Sun Show Glowy Warmth Talc-Free Baked Bronzer which has the faintest bit of shimmer, and looks a lot like hourglass IMO but for way less money. Hourglass bronzer tends to have a more yellow undertone IMO, and fenty varies by shade, but the lighter color I have is more of a true neutral brown IMO. Red undertones in bronzer make me look more "sun kissed" but if you already have a red undertone yellower shades might be most complimentary. All the ones I mentioned look good on me regardless of undertone though, so I wouldn't sweat it too much- it's just personal preference. I do definitely recommend getting travel sizes though, bronzers and blushes really last me forever lol

Thanks so much! 😄  I want to check out the Tarte blush palette actually, that sounds really great!

And thank you for the bronzer recommendations! 🙂 These all look great! 🙂

Tarte blushes are awesome! They always look natural and are super easy to apply, good luck!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing