Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

HELP! MAKEUP SEPARATION, SUGGESTIONS?

Hi all, I hope you can and are willing to help, this is driving me crazy and I'm so scared to leave the house now, because I'm afraid my makeup will separate or come off at any time, and I'll look like an IDIOT, I already have anxiety and body dysmorphic disorder, I really don't need this happening too.

So here's the deal, after getting a facial peel and my skin literally peeling off COMPLETELY in 1 piece, I went from dry/dehydrated skin that had some texture (that I had for about 2-3yrs) to combo skin with larger pores, but much smoother... 

Since then, I've been having the WORST issues with my foundations, even ones I have used for 10yrs and had no problems with. I always make sure or at least try to match silicone foundations with silicone primers and water with water. I also try to do my skincare and use a moisturizer around 1-2hrs before applying my primer, even then, I blot, apply a small amount of primer, wait 10mins or so, and apply foundation, either with a brush or sponge. I always use concealer, powder to set...

and a setting spray, and a fixing spray (a spray to get rid of the powder look and help everything look like it's melted into the skin and into each other) and then I like using a spray to keep my makeup in place as well. And just have always done that, Usually I do Fix+ or Loreals new Dewy Mist then to set everything UD All Nighter or Cover FX Illuminating or Matte version.... throughout the day I may refresh using Fix+ or Loreal, or Mario Badescu facial spray, even Garnier Rose Water facial spray (I used to only use high end, then after comparing ingredients, switched to a lot of less expensive things) These used to work perfectly, I never had separation issues, but wondering if because I'm more oily now, maybe?

Primers I use are mostly High End- my favorites are Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL

Lancer - Studio Finish Pore Perfecting Primer(very similar to Skin to Die for by Peter Thomas Roth)

Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer .75 / 21g

Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g

I'm just curious if anyone knows any ideas why my foundation starts separating IMMEDIATELY (to the point I have to redo it) or just comes off in giant pieces by the time I get to my car, like my upper lip is gone by the time I'm leaving, making me go and redo it (and no, I don't touch my face) <sobs>.

Sometimes facial sprays make my makeup look AMAZING, sometimes it takes off ALL the makeup it touches and I have to redo my makeup again... <sigh> 

these are all new problems, I even recently just bought 3 new foundations that are in the mail.. Cliniques 2 in 1 perfecting foundation, Born This Way, and Tartes Amazonian Clay 18hr wear or something (in a plastic tube like thing, I remember liking a sample I had gotten)

THANKS!!! <hugs>

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing