Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundations/ Concealers That DO and DON’T Oxidize *THREAD*

Hey guys! I’ve been having problems finding a good foundation and concealer that don't oxidize (or not too bad).  I thought we could create a list of foundations and concealers that do and don’t oxidize to help our fellow beauty lovers find their perfect match!

* I got a lot of free foundation/concealer samples from Sephora (online orders) that I've never used.  I guess I can put these to good use now.

I’ll start:

DO Oxidize:

- Fenty Beauty Foundation original formula (oxidizes a lot)

- YSL All Hours foundation (not too bad but noticeable in sunlight)

- Urban Decay Stay Naked Weightless foundation (worst of all tested, don't even think about buying it omfgwtf)

- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Super Concealer

- Clinique Stay-Matte oil free makeup (horrible)

DON’T Oxidize:

- NARS All Day Luminesces

- Kat Von D Lock it Foundation

- Bare Minerals Bare PRO 16 Hour Full Coverage Concealer (slightly noticeable but not bad)

- Lancome Skin Feels Good (not bad)

I find that most of the foundations and concealers look ok indoors but look horrible in natural sunlight.  For most of them, I would recommend using 1-2 shades lighter and ALWAYS ask for samples and test them before buying!

RE: Foundations/ Concealers That DO and DON’T Oxidize *THREAD*

DOESN’T Oxidize: Dior Backstage Face and Body foundation (bonus:supposed to stay on even in extreme weather), Re(Marc)able full coveragefoundation concentrate DOES Oxidize: Benefit Hello Happy Foundation, all of the Laura Mercier foundations, Smashbox Studio Skin Full Coveragefoundation and studio skin flawless concealer, Tarte Babassu Foundcealer, Kevyn Aucoin the Etherealist Skin Illuminating Foundation

Re: Foundations/ Concealers That DO and DON’T Oxidize *THREAD*

@RAWRitsRED 

Cle de Peau concealer does not oxidize

La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation SPF 20 150 Natural - Very Light Skin with Neutral Underto...

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Light Wonder Foundation does not oxidize

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4 - Mediumdoes not oxidize

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz

Also, I mix my foundations to create my own color.  Sometimes I mix 3-4 shades and have been doing this for years.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing